Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV send off Gen F

zacaxel1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep SRT
not guards fender extenders
SV Rimfire Forged Alloy Wheel with Fender Extensions
20" x 9" SV Rimfire forged alloy front wheel in matte black (255/35 R20 tyre). 20" x 10" SV Rimfire forged alloy rear wheel in matte black (275/35 R20 tyre).

So little black bits of plastic.... I had something similar on my Jeep SRT.... didn't like them.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
$190K for W1 would buy me a 911 (turbo, AWD) Porsche, or Merc AMG.

Its their (Holden's) last year, but this is simply ridiculously priced .. IMHO of course.
I agree, but I think they put more effort in knowing the price would get this high because they knew they could sell the cars.
I don't think they're necessarily price-gouging, I think they've just thrown a lot of changes at the cars because they knew people would pay if they spent that much building them.

So little black bits of plastic.... I had something similar on my Jeep SRT.... didn't like them.
Yeah the same dodgy 70's-looking crap they put on BMW X5 & X6 M's.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I went ahead and fixed it
I
hsvgtsr.jpg

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I agree, but I think they put more effort in knowing the price would get this high because they knew they could sell the cars.
I don't think they're necessarily price-gouging, I think they've just thrown a lot of changes at the cars because they knew people would pay if they spent that much building them.
Agree, the cars would have all sold for even more but they probably skoffed at going over $200k drive away. Honestly I think 95% of the W1 cars won't be driven, it would make a terrible daily with that power and those tyres, you'd need normal tyres at least for all weather conditions.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You'll probably see a few driving around the north shore, and a couple at executive track days.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Already sold

Yep.

A mate of mine asked me if I thought they were over priced. My reply was "well they made 300 and have deposits for 600 so maybe they're not"
It is what it is really. I don't care how much they are since I'm not buying one. TBH I like what they've done.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline

Yeah the same dodgy 70's-looking crap they put on BMW X5 & X6 M's.

Maybe price gouging is a bit strong, but the profit margin on these cars would be quite healthy. Most of the changes are from GM's parts bins, so i dont think development costs were that high.

Kudos to them, if they can get this sort of money for a CommodOre

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Taking a step back realistically the one piece of special vehicle kit I would organise right now is functioning front fender side vents.
They're exactly what I need and I will gladly pay decent procurement fee on top of retail for them ASAP, if anyone can assist please PM.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Maybe price gouging is a bit strong, but the profit margin on these cars would be quite healthy. Most of the changes are from GM's parts bins, so i dont think development costs were that high.

According to HSV the development costs were between $5-$10 million, which over 300 vehicles is tough to amortize:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/518451/2017-hsv-gtsr-w1-company-boss-justifies-170k-ls9-powered-monster/

I will try and find the other article that outlined how hard it was to fit the new motor into the Zeta chassis, especially since the engine was designed to run with a transaxle setup. apparently they have to essentially build their own transmission using the gearing etc. from the transaxle and install it into a conventional transmission case.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
According to HSV the development costs were between $5-$10 million, which over 300 vehicles is tough to amortize:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/518451/2017-hsv-gtsr-w1-company-boss-justifies-170k-ls9-powered-monster/

I will try and find the other article that outlined how hard it was to fit the new motor into the Zeta chassis, especially since the engine was designed to run with a transaxle setup. apparently they have to essentially build their own transmission using the gearing etc. from the transaxle and install it into a conventional transmission case.

Heres the article that I was talking about:

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/1701/how-hsv-scored-the-w1s-ls9-engine