Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Statesman

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
I have a VR HSV Statesman.... just wondering what is the difference between the HSV VR Statesman to a Regular VR Statesman?

I'm not fussed about interior differences... but would like to know differences on the engine and components with it

Is the ECU different? I have heard that some engines may have different crank but does this apply to my vehicle?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Id say hsv includes knock sensors and tune

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Id say hsv includes knock sensors and tune

Not sure, but I think this would probably only be the case if you had a 185i or 215i engine. I do know that the HSV Calais came with stuff like a HSV exhaust and headers, and a few other things like that which I don't know.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I wasn't even aware HSV did an enhanced statesman.....I thought they only did the grange.

My suspicion would be that a previous owner dropped an HSV engine in at some point.

Do you have an HSV Compliance plate on the firewall?

As for the different crank that was only on the 5.7 stroker motors......the regular HSV motors were exactly the same internally as the regular 304.....the way they achieved the 185kw was through the tune......(so you will have an HSV ECU and knock sensors)

The only difference between the standard 165kw engine and the 185 is tune & knock sensors.....the engine itself is exactly the same (not sure why people seem to think HSV motors were special)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
the engine itself is exactly the same (not sure why people seem to think HSV motors were special)

Just like the legendary cop chip I suppose.

It's got HSV on it, must be built differently.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
It could just be hsv enhanced which may only mean wheels, suspension or interior upgrade, may not be engine related at all. U can punch in the vin on the hsv website andnit should give U what was done

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's definitely an Original HSV Statesman. I do know that the VR has HSV Statesman but the VS had the Grange. Mine does have the id plate saying HSV and I also have the HSV exhaust and it's the 185i motor

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
So basically ECU, Knock sensors, HSV Cold Air Intake, Exhaust. The Autotrans has a Stage 2 shift kit but don't know if that came out with it.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
So basically ECU, Knock sensors, HSV Cold Air Intake, Exhaust. The Autotrans has a Stage 2 shift kit but don't know if that came out with it.

The shift kit would be aftermarket

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Well Mine was a Hsv enhanced vr caprice , so it came with the 185kw engine/tune , knock sensors , sunroof , hsv badging on the rear , hsv exhaust , hsv CAI