Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV upgrade to the VP SS.

rallystripes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Hi,ive just bought a VP SS with the factory HSV upgrade which i have confirmed with Holden and i am interested as to what HSV actually did to these cars.

Thanks in advance.

rallystripes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Ive tried ringing them but they couldnt tell me anything as it was 17 yrs ago.I asked them about checking my vin but as it isnt a HSV,ie GTS,Senato,etc,they couldnt help me either.
The only thing i could get out of HSV and Holden was that i is a genuine SS that had been upgraded from factory.

Maybey i should call again and maybey get a different operator that can help.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Hmm strange. It shouldn't matter about the VIN - if its HSV Enhanced, it will appear in the HSV datbase. Have you used the link yet?

My Calais was a Dec 91 build and I gave the woman my VIN and she looked it up on her computer and gave me the details and the approx number of enhanced vehicles. A few days later I received an letter that listed the enhancements.

rallystripes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
I just entered the whole vin,clicked authenticate but nothing happened????

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
Hmm strange. It shouldn't matter about the VIN - if its HSV Enhanced, it will appear in the HSV datbase. Have you used the link yet?

My Calais was a Dec 91 build and I gave the woman my VIN and she looked it up on her computer and gave me the details and the approx number of enhanced vehicles. A few days later I received an letter that listed the enhancements.

they told me the other day it would cost me $99 to get that letter,did you sweet talk the woman or something?

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
they told me the other day it would cost me $99 to get that letter,did you sweet talk the woman or something?

I think thats the Cert of Authenticity that goes for $99. Back in 2004 when I rang them up, it was $50.

I told her I just needed a letter with a HSV letterhead for my insurance company (which was true, I think it was Just Car at the time).

The letter basically said that the car with VIN# XXXX is listed in HSV's database as a HSV Enhanced Calais. Below the main line of the letter they also listed all the enhancements in dot point.

Good enough for me!