Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV upgrades on VS

DEE SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 1997 series 2
Hi, The other day i was told that if you upgrade a part on your car at HSV that they put HSV enhanced id plates on it, is this true? has anybody heard of this happening? or is it a factory option only? If it is only applicable to certain upgrades, what would they be?

Thanks

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Yes its true.

Don't know what you mean by factory option only.

Applicable to certain upgrades? Don't know off the top of my head but a common option was the 180kW and 185kW engine upgrade.

Could also get other stuff like interiors, body kits, wheels, suspension etc.

At one stage, if you ordered a HSV steering wheel (around the VS I think), it was enough to get a hsv enhanced plate on the car.

Just depended on how much cash the initial buyer wanted to spend.

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
my car is a hsv enhanced berlina. 185i engine along with auto level ride and fe2 suspension. ive got the original papers from hsv where the owner has ticked off the options he'd like. i can scan it if u like so u can see what options were available?

DEE SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 1997 series 2
my car is a hsv enhanced berlina. 185i engine along with auto level ride and fe2 suspension. ive got the original papers from hsv where the owner has ticked off the options he'd like. i can scan it if u like so u can see what options were available?

Ye that would be great if you could thanks