Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VE Gauges Install VE SS

ontherivernq

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv special edition ute
Ok I have found the answer. For those with a 2010 SSV or similar the plug for the steering angle sensor doesn't exist in this model.
What you will need to do is wire to the headlight switch as per the instructions for 12v +- and the white/yellow down near the accelerator pedal for the light dim circuit, but pick up the CAN Bus Hi/lo from the OBD2 plug brown/black and brown. and the Data comms enable is the Dark Green wire that goes to the steering angle sensor (I couldn't get the plug out of the module so gave up trying). You will need to peel back some of the cotton covering on the loom to make the connection. Hope this helps someone else out as I was snookered but after looking through hundreds of pages in the wiring manual found the info.
hi brett, doing a 2009 ssv spec edition, where is the steering angle sensor, there looks to be some kind of angle sensor lower down on the steering column, is that it?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i believe the steer angle sensor is in the clockspring
havent had to do one yet so cant confirm