Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VE Gauges Install VE SS

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
I just did this install to my ve ss 2006. I thought I would write up very brief instructions.

First make your wiring loom to suit hsv ve gauge harness ( 6 wires in total, i made mine 2mtrs long each, all different colors.)

Pin 1 CAN Comms Enable ##This wire is to be connected to the steering angle sensor plug which is located RHS steering wheel under the dash there is three plugs there, you want the one on the far left. Connect to (blue wire Pin 5)

Pin 2 Illumination##Locate the white wire with yellow stripe (Pin 24) from the fifth connector (Brown) on the Body Electronics Module wiring harness. Located near accelerator pedal.

Pin 3 12V Ignition##This wire can be connected to either the light switch (pink wire with Blue Stripe Pin10)or there is a white plug RHS below headunit for power.

Pin 4 Ground##This wire can be connected to either the light switch (black wire Pin 4) or can be bolted down RHS below headunit for ground

Pin 5 GM Lan +##This wire is to be connected to the steering angle sensor plug which is located RHS steering wheel under the dash there is three plugs there, you want the one on the far left, Connect wire to (brown and black stripe Pin 3)

Pin 6 GM Lan -## This wire is to be connected to the steering angle sensor plug which is located RHS steering wheel under the dash there is three plugs there, you want the one on the far left, but you want to connect this wire to a ( brown Pin 1)

After you have connected all the wires test Gauges are working. If you are doing this install at night or you have the car parked under somewhere or in a garage where the car thinks its night time, you wont be able to turn off the lights to the gauges even though you have your head lights turned off. Drive out into the sun and the lights on the gauges will turn off. I found out the hard way.

For more instructions follow www.carmodder.com • Fitting the HSV Triple Gauge Pod for the Holden VE Commodore (Fitting the HSV Triple Gauge Pod for the Holden VE Commodore)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 7,081

Spiza666

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve SS Ute Sizzle Red
That looks good, well done! Wondering though where did you get the gauges from?

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
is that the alpine headunit conversion you have in there?

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
That looks good, well done! Wondering though where did you get the gauges from?

I saw them on eBay and the blokes number was there so called him up and got them for a good price. He has another set there if your interested. He's in Sydney.

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
is that the alpine headunit conversion you have in there?

It is a alpine headunit 910r but its the first conversion kit with the microwave buttons, not the LCD screen that alpine is doing now.

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
how hard was it to change over? thats the only thing i dont like in my ss, why did holden combine the heater controls with the radio....

Kenny23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Nice install! Looks awesome with the Quasi alpine fascia! Do you know if the install process would be the same using an aftermarket gauge (i'm thinking Defi - red dials as it suits the red interior light of the ve ss)?
Thanks.

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
how hard was it to change over? thats the only thing i dont like in my ss, why did holden combine the heater controls with the radio....

I didn't install the head unit or the fascia. But when I changed over from Jvc to alpine. They wanted another $600 for new fascia because the old one was program to jvc headunit but I could send mine away and get reprogrammed for the alpine I think was $300. But I didn't do either, you can tell what the air con is doing by feel. One day I might get it programmed to alpine so I can see what it's doing.

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Nice install! Looks awesome with the Quasi alpine fascia! Do you know if the install process would be the same using an aftermarket gauge (i'm thinking Defi - red dials as it suits the red interior light of the ve ss)?
Thanks.

I could not tell u if its that same way to install aftermarket gauges. Sorry someone should know though

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
i just did this install to my ve ss 2006. I thought i would write up very brief instructions.

First make your wiring loom to suit hsv ve gauge harness ( 6 wires in total, i made mine 2mtrs long each, all different colors.)

pin 1 can comms enable ##this wire is to be connected to the steering angle sensor plug which is located rhs steering wheel under the dash there is three plugs there, you want the one on the far left. Connect to (blue wire pin 5)

pin 2 illumination##locate the white wire with yellow stripe (pin 24) from the fifth connector (brown) on the body electronics module wiring harness. Located near accelerator pedal.

Pin 3 12v ignition##this wire can be connected to either the light switch (pink wire with blue stripe pin10)or there is a white plug rhs below headunit for power.

Pin 4 ground##this wire can be connected to either the light switch (black wire pin 4) or can be bolted down rhs below headunit for ground

pin 5 gm lan +##this wire is to be connected to the steering angle sensor plug which is located rhs steering wheel under the dash there is three plugs there, you want the one on the far left, connect wire to (brown and black stripe pin 3)

pin 6 gm lan -## this wire is to be connected to the steering angle sensor plug which is located rhs steering wheel under the dash there is three plugs there, you want the one on the far left, but you want to connect this wire to a ( brown pin 1)

after you have connected all the wires test gauges are working. if you are doing this install at night or you have the car parked under somewhere or in a garage where the car thinks its night time, you wont be able to turn off the lights to the gauges even though you have your head lights turned off. Drive out into the sun and the lights on the gauges will turn off. i found out the hard way.

For more instructions follow www.carmodder.com • fitting the hsv triple gauge pod for the holden ve commodore (fitting the hsv triple gauge pod for the holden ve commodore)
thats all the problem was.parked in the shade.makes you feel stupid even when your not.glad you got it sorted mate.looks very cool,good work.