Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VR215i

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
Got a new Alloy race radiator over the weekend- so I started pulling bits out in preparation and also decided to fit the new braided fuel crossover hose while I was at it.. doesnt look too bad!
10342777_10204179782118775_879500623183281676_n.jpg

10486451_10204179782158776_7458072728796295818_n.jpg

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
Cheers guys...

I didnt see the point in replacing the entire fuel rail as the OE part has cooling fins and looks fine polished up. The braided hose just finishes it.

Bought some new rocker covers which im getting sandblasted in preparation for them to be powdercoated in the same colour as the car.. Looks like a B1@#H to get them off- so not looking forward to that!

tim_pato

Reaction score
Members Ride
daily-5.0 5spd vr ss clubodore, project-74 lh rana
Only that one bolt at the back near the booster. I cut the end of an Alan key and stuck it in a 1/4" drive socket so I could get a ratchet onto it, but I have a vt booster in mine.

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
Fitted the Alloy race radiator, new waterpump, silicon hoses etc... getting there slowly.
Noticed some surface rust under the battery- so the battery has come out to dry the area and i will be sanding it back and applying some rust kill then painting it back to original colour.
10437348_10204230108736909_2027153236651672423_n.jpg

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
Okay, radiator is in and Ive put the fan shroud on along with the HSV otr cai. Problem is that the alloy radiator is taller and the screw holes are in slightly different locations which makes my cai sit too high and now the bonnet is slightly raised when closed... There always has to be a problem!!

Well, since this pissed me off~ I have ordered a 2nd hand fan shroud and a Mace Engineering cai which is located behind the headlight.. This should solve the problem and also provide more cold air as those HSV otr cai have the smallest slot for air intake.

Fingers crossed this works out because with the radiator, waterpump, hoses, new shroud and Mace cai etc- Ive spent well over a grand for something that wasnt on the to do list!

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Okay, radiator is in and Ive put the fan shroud on along with the HSV otr cai. Problem is that the alloy radiator is taller and the screw holes are in slightly different locations which makes my cai sit too high and now the bonnet is slightly raised when closed... There always has to be a problem!!

Well, since this pissed me off~ I have ordered a 2nd hand fan shroud and a Mace Engineering cai which is located behind the headlight.. This should solve the problem and also provide more cold air as those HSV otr cai have the smallest slot for air intake.

Fingers crossed this works out because with the radiator, waterpump, hoses, new shroud and Mace cai etc- Ive spent well over a grand for something that wasnt on the to do list!

I have that same Radiator.

I am not running a shroud at the moment (it's winter anyway) and have had the MACE CAI for a few years now.
if you find a shroud solution, please do share (and I will try to remember to do the same.)