Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hsv vs fpv

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
If i had the money i think i would seriously consider a F6 typhoon, because i like the idea of a turbo sedan and the F6 puts it to alot of 8's whyy havnt HSV come out with a decent turbo six??

sure they did the supercharged 6 thing but well, that wasn't as good as i hoped for, any ideas on why HSV haven't tapped int this market?

with the fuel prices slowly going up wouldn't you think HSV would cut down on the V8's and start putting more money into the turbo 6's??

assuming i had the money and there was a turbo 6 holden vs ford id go Holden if it was in the same league as ford, even if ford performed better. but as it is, id buy a XR6 turbo if i had the coin,

Whats your thoughts?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I don't think it's got anything to do with fuel prices. If you want 300kw, it's going to use roughly the same amount of fuel in a V8, an I6t, or a V6tt. I think it's mostly economics and finance. Holden has big daddy GM in the USA cranking out big pushrod V8s, and it's much cheaper to ship those over, than it is to develop a whole new engine for a relatively small market.

I think it's good the way it is right now. If you want a turbo 6, buy Ford. If you want a big V8, buy Holden. They're both cheaply built, both have their share of problems, and both look relatively average in styling terms.

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
im a big holden fan, ultimatly i like holden shape more, but the ford turbo 6's are really starting to draw my attention, just because im wanting more power, without the v8 sorta thing, i want something a little bit different, and i like 6's, dunno why o.0

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
you do realise the turbo 6 is the equiv of a 6.8 litre V8 right?

Regardless, I have been test driving the new F6...if i can get the right price for the senator I will switch over, so far having trouble getting ford to come to the party.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Errr, ANOTHER HSV vs FPV or Holden VS Ford thread.

Who cares.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Mmmm Alloytec 190 turbo:D

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Mmmm NA 304 in a VQ. :D

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Damn straight mack-factor. In fact, if you didn't like the V8 VQ so much, you wouldn't have it as your sig.

Booyeah. Hoist that up your sail and smoke it.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Hoist that up your sail and smoke it.

You know, I once saw a documentary called '101 embarassing sexual accidents', maybe you should take a look... :p Something to do with genitalia, a rose, and backward-facing rose thorns