Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VT & VX Info

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi All,

I have been thinking about it for a while now but finally going to do something about it. Decided to halt all mods on my current VT V6 and am looking for a HSV to buy...but not just any HSV.

I want a HSV GTS VT or VX but really want a HSV SV300. :w00t:
I know most of the stuff about them but was wondering if anyone could help me on what the sort of things to look out for, common issues, etc.
Also I am not clear on the divide between models and series for the year of make. like what year did the VT go to VX and also Series I &II.

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
one car i will be looking at today:
2000 HSV GTS 300KW 1 of 100 built.
Black, 6 spd manual, black and red leather interior, 82000kms, premium brakes, sunroof, etc
$34,500

***when HSV state "Callaway developed C4B engine fitted exclusively to the GTS model" is it a LS1 GenIII with some Callaway bits on it?

Last edited:

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i envy u man, wish i was upgrading to one of those esp being build number 1! gotta be one of the best looking hsvs i rekon. Yeh i think ur right the 300kw gts engine is an ls1 with diff chip, exhaust and intake or something, read it in a mag when 300kw gts came out in the vt's. they sound mean too, cos my mates sv99 has same engine(buggered the original 250kw engine) and the stock exhaust sounds awesome!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
On the VX HSV's, Series II have tinted front lights (or with the black inserts). The only way you can tell a VT SI or SII HSV is by the clear rear indicators and side ones, different rims and ofcourse the GENIII motor in the SII. Not sure about interior.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Jamie_87...its not number 1 of 100....just one of 100. sorry mate it is written abit wierd.

nothings for certain if i will go for it or upgrade at all but i am keen...can get money.....and the old man says to buy v8 as opposed to spending cash on v6.

probably give mum my VT (she will be the coolest looking mum at the shops :yeah: ) or i will sell it but if i do i will start at 14K and sell it for no less than 12K.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
had a look at hsv site and it is GENIII but Callaway did work on it head, etc.

I know about the physical differences between the VT & VX and between series I & II but what year did the VT series II start and when did the VX series I and Series II come out

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
DeanoVT said:
had a look at hsv site and it is GENIII but Callaway did work on it head, etc.

I know about the physical differences between the VT & VX and between series I & II but what year did the VT series II start and when did the VX series I and Series II come out

From memory,VT Series II came in 2000:whistling

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
thanks slick6.

went and saw the car on the weekend and OMG i'm in love.
this thing is in perfect condition. no stone chips on the front spoiler or any scratches anywhere. Even has a cat back zorst that makes it sound so so mean.

oh well off to bank manager to discuss a loan and car going in quokka for sale so things are moving........