Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV z series remote key - programming issues

hsv453

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Z series Clubsport
Hey all.

i have a 2005 z series clubsport, i just bought a new remote head, i am an auto electrician. i go to program the key just like any other vz. Using our launch scan tool it comes up with program completed however it doesn't actually program the key. Thinking our scan tool was the issue i then went to another shop and used there ultrascan however the ultrascan came up with cannot access security information and then throws an immobilizer code. My boss, the other auto elec and myself are baffled but think it might be a problem being a hsv as neither of us have done a hsv remote.

This was getting done after hours tonight so i couldn't ring up holden to check if holden has to program hsv remotes.

Anyone had any issues with this? i could do 150 of these a day no worries, but first time doing a hsv and it doesn't want to work. The only other problem i could see it being is if it has had too many remotes already programmed or it has a faulty bcm.

help would be appreciated before i ring up holden as they are useless where i am from

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
the HSV's have a second immobilizer module, and is a pain in the arse even with the right code and with the tech 2 to program keys, im not sure if there is a way around it either because its hooked into the BCM and ECM.