Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HT Monaro for sale

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
This is not to do with this Monaro, but in this, just released .....
20200605111212_WEB.jpg

......... there is an article about the Holden Dealer Racing Team (not HDT) and it mentions that the original HK Monaros were run with different liveries, numbers, and number plates. It doesn't answer any questions, just gives an insight on how things were done, or mixed up, back when.
Interesting read. ( Well, I thought so.)
I loved that old Green Machine XE Falcon. Well up until Dicky J decided to take a detour through the trees

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I loved that old Green Machine XE Falcon. Well up until Dicky J decided to take a detour through the trees

And I've disliked DJ ever since his pre-race interview the next day complaining about the performance of the replacement car he was sitting in that had been donated by another team and painted in his colours which was still wet when the interviewer leaned on the car.

Ungrateful b4st4rd.

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
And I've disliked DJ ever since his pre-race interview the next day complaining about the performance of the replacement car he was sitting in that had been donated by another team and painted in his colours which was still wet when the interviewer leaned on the car.

Ungrateful b4st4rd.
Cut him some slack.... lol of course he’s a natural complainer... he’s a Ford driver AND A QUEENSLANDER LOL

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

Ungrateful b4st4rd.

I remember that interview,
And I thought exactly the same,
Thought how rude of DJ to say what he said.
If it wasn't for the donated car, he would of been sitting on his a___ in the Pits.
Watching the Commodores circulate and win.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I'm not sure which DJ I dislike the most. The happy one or the sad one.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Last time I was at Dick Johnsons race HQ, he actually had a door of the XE in his show room, complete with the leaves.

Useless info, but info none the less

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Last time I was at Dick Johnsons race HQ, he actually had a door of the XE in his show room, complete with the leaves.

Useless info, but info none the less
That’s pretty cool

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Mystery Solved, the 57D car was hastily rebuilt by Holden after the Sandown crash and sold to Tony Connolly (a GMH Employee), meanwhile Firth built another car to replace it and be the third car at the 69 Great Race event.

Seems though that this car had been previously sold by Lloyds, something they failed to reveal this time round.

Read the following story, it pretty much explains it all.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...aler-team-1969-monaro-gts-sells-for-aus500000

Basically, a failed auction again price wise, but then nothing surprises me the way Auction Houses drum up the hype to raise their commission.

Last edited: