Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ht monaro

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
Update

Hey guys havent updated in a fair while. but not alot has happened on the monaro. well in our shed anyways.
The monaro was taken back out to blacktown to have some more metal work done, new door skins and panel beat the floor pan as the rails that the seat bolts are in were smashed in and the bolts were stuffed. so now that has happened the car is presently sitting in the paint shop and waiting for the painter to finish another job off so he can start ours.
i will try to get pics of it at the paint shop but its hard with work and that.

Anyways a few small jobs while the car is out. we got a new centre console as the other was stuffed. i had to fix a crack in the new one and put the opening in for it to fit the saginaw box.
New console, had a split through the mounting bridge; All consoles did this.
IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

I fit a small peice of plastic over the crack and epoxy glued it in place
IMG_0191.jpg

The old console was well and truly stuffed, but it did have the cut out flange thing for the saginaw so i poped that off.
IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

i then drilled out the cutout and filed the edges on the new console and glued it in place.
IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

We also rigged up mount for the shifter plate (G clamp to engine stand haha) so we could test out our linkages and shifter.
we found that the shifter that was on the car was a herse shifter and also a peice of $h!t. so we got the right shifter which works much better but now we have to reweld a mount for the shifter as the plate was modified to fit the herse shifter.
IMG_0199.jpg

Other then that a few little bits here and there is all thats happened.

Cheers Luke

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
So update time. has been quite a while but big resto projects take time to do properly.
The car has finally left the fab shop with new door skins fitted, floor pan panel beaten and sand blasted and a few little other issues that we wanted sussed out.
The monaro has been rolled into the paint shop and is sitting on the floor waiting to be worked on. there is alot more work to do and the guys working on it do immaculate work and get everything right. The car will be file finished with as little bog as possile and everything spot on. The other cars they had in there look amazing, even the ones that hadnt even been painted or skim bogged still looked dead straight with all lines dead straight and gaps perfectly even.
now pics

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Looking good mate... this will be amazing when it's done!

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
looking good, awesome to see you haven't given up on this classic.
what painter is doing your work?

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is two blokes doing the work on it, their names are mark and furio, dunno if thats spelt right haha. they are really top blokes and have a passion for cars which also makes for their quality on the jobs they do. Cant remember the company name at present time but when i do ill let u know.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
There is two blokes doing the work on it, their names are mark and furio, dunno if thats spelt right haha. they are really top blokes and have a passion for cars which also makes for their quality on the jobs they do. Cant remember the company name at present time but when i do ill let u know.
OK no worries,i'm from around the area also,was just wondering if a well known shop had it,i didn't recognize the inside of the shop.