Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hud

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Good effort Sir Les, I didn't even bother to try because of the difficulty and I didn't want to risk marking the dashboard while doing it.
Anyhow thanks for your effort and yes it can only be an estimation because of the difficulty of getting the correct measurement but the measurement given to me are a good indication that I will be able to go ahead with my project.
Anyhow this project is only a minor project in my eyes compared the task I have taken on that even attracted LG engineers to what I did software and Hardware wise to sort out issues on the LG Laser projector. ooOOOH yeah I got their attention enough that three of them flew out from South Korea to see me.
Yes I wrote a massive article on another web site on the issues of the LG Hecto and what I had to do to fix it that seemed others could't do. Yes my other Hobbies, A massive Hobby is Satellite TV and Immersive Audio "aca" Atmos and DTS X. Yet just finished setting a Threatre at home with my 100 inch Hecto and the Yamaha RX A 3050 amp + other Amps, Shaker Amps for the lounge for 11 speakers. I'm 65 and thrive for a challenge and I don't like losing.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The only issue I will have to look at is if I ever park in the sun as LCD screens aren't a fan for direct sunlight. Also the projection angle difference between the Genuine HUD being outputted from the bezel and the after market HUD has to have its projection angle to be similar otherwise I will have to change how I attack this. The After market HUD does not arrive until Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Anyhow thanks for your effort and yes it can only be an estimation because of the difficulty of getting the correct measurement but the measurement given to me are a good indication that I will be able to go ahead with my project.

Anyhow this project is only a minor project in my eyes compared the task I have taken on that even attracted LG engineers to what I did software and Hardware wise to sort out issues on the LG Laser projector. ooOOOH yeah I got their attention enough that three of them flew out from South Korea to see me.
Yes I wrote a massive article on another web site on the issues of the LG Hecto and what I had to do to fix it that seemed others could't do. Yes my other Hobbies, A massive Hobby is Satellite TV and Immersive Audio "aca" Atmos and DTS X. Yet just finished setting a Threatre at home with my 100 inch Hecto and the Yamaha RX A 3050 amp + other Amps, Shaker Amps for the lounge for 11 speakers. I'm 65 and thrive for a challenge and I don't like losing.

I had no problem taking a couple of photos for you but with my bad shoulder it wasn’t possible for me to turn myself upside down to get measurements in such a difficult confine.

You should phone around some of wreckers in your local area and see if they’ve got any VF’s in their yards with HUDs and if the windscreen is popped you could easily put a tape over it.

Who knows they may even let the cosmetics go at a cheap price.

Small world, I used to work for LG some years back and one fine afternoon I wandered out into the warehouse and had one of the forklift operators put the tines through the projection televisions then stack them outside ready for the recycler.

That's what we in Australia thought of their projection products.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm surprised there were still rear-projection TV's around, after LG changed their name from Goldstar. :)

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
The only issue I will have to look at is if I ever park in the sun as LCD screens aren't a fan for direct sunlight. Also the projection angle difference better the Genuine HUD being outputted from the bezel and the after market HUD its projection angle o must be similar otherwise I will have to change how I attack this. The After market HUD does not arrive until Monday or Tuesday.

Just buy this, and stick yours in...

VF Commodore HSV Dash Dashboard With Passenger Airbag HUD Fits SSV HSV Calias V | eBay

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
You should phone around some of wreckers in your local area and see if they’ve got and VF’s in their yards with HUDs and if the windscreen is popped you could easily put a tape over it.

Who knows they may even let the cosmetics go at a cheap price.
Tried wrecking yards already and as for the thieves on ebay NO WAY the amount of money they want for non advertised HOOD cover and Bezel. I can buy the same new at Holden. Rip off.
Yeah LG that failed to train installers how to accurately install Hecto Laser projectors. You wonder why this was a disaster In Australia

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now I have noticed that the two different pictures that we have here of the Factory HUD one has RED stitching and the other has WHITE. Now The SV6 Storm of mine has red stitching so is it possible my mate Mr FORG can you please post or PM me your trim Number. Come to think of it does Holden still have TRIM NUMBER like in theolder days or is all this info hidden in the VIN Number what colour your trim or stitching is.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm surprised there were still rear-projection TV's around, after LG changed their name from Goldstar. :)

No this is the latest and greatest in Short throw Laser Projectors I'm talking about. The projector sits 250MM below the Solid screen and about 350MM out.they had major problem lining them up. Not even LG could line them up 100%. well I did and had plenty of picture to prove it and I said to LG NO!! Its not Photo shop come out and look for yourself.
Yes they canned the New short throw projector coming out this 2016 due to the cost of the lenses needed for 4K. what a pity.
I will Add my Avatar on so you can see

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Now I have noticed that the two different pictures that we have here of the Factory HUD one has RED stitching and the other has WHITE. Now The SV6 Storm of mine has red stitching so is it possible my mate Mr FORG can you please post or PM me your trim Number. Come to think of it does Holden still have TRIM NUMBER like in theolder days or is all this info hidden in the VIN Number what colour your trim or stitching is.

Just check your own trim number and you'll get the info you need.