Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

huge loss of power when cornering hard.

stroodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
My 94 VR has started to occasionally drop power when exiting a hard corner. It feels like the power loss you get when the engine is miss firing but I cant hear it miss fire. I just replaced the ignition leads recently (to fix it miss firing). It also seems to happen at times that you most need torque and feels like the engine just has nothing left to give. If you hold the accelerator down the power does come back a second after you exit the corner though. Any ideas?

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
I read on this site about the Fuel Tank Surge tanks not properly giving the engine the required fuel at times for example turning into the corners as the fuel goes to one side of the tank.... but I can't find the page and I might be wrong

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I read on this site about the Fuel Tank Surge tanks not properly giving the engine the required fuel at times for example turning into the corners as the fuel goes to one side of the tank.... but I can't find the page and I might be wrong

You would've read my thread.

Have a read and see if its the same.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...4753-vs-loosing-power-hard-right-handers.html

And no I haven't fixed it yet.

Taking donations of cash, card or full frontal nudity.