Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Husband credits

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
Has anyone published a ready-reckoner so that a bloke can estimate the real cost of car modifications/ purchase/ accessories from a marital perspective?

For example: a recent purchase of a non-running vs v8 ute 'it has huge potential, love', cost $400 cash, PLUS a new fancy pot plant thing for the yard.

A good, clean vr Statesman interior cost $300 PLUS two pairs of shoes and a shopping trip to Anaconda..

Several years ago, an 'unapproved' purchase from a speed shop cost me dearly in jewellery.

I have tried pre-empting purchases with unexpected flower deliveries but these were treated with suspicion and comments like 'what have you bought now?'

Bearing in mind the old 'forgiveness is easier to get than permission', it would be nice to be able to estimate the repercussions in the event that a sudden, spur of the moment bargain comes along...

I dread what would happen if i ever find that one-owner WB Kingswood that must be sold that day...I'll be sleeping alone for the next 40 years..

Thoughts?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I buy whatever i want. Wife works and has her own money. I work and have my own money. As long as the bills are paid i spend what ever i want.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
^ As above.

I do a lot of after hours work/on call work which is extra $ on top of my normal 9-5 salary, I use that as my car part fund, if I'm going to be getting up at all hours of the night you better believe I'm going to use it for things I want.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Had a 2nd garage put up almost 3 years ago cost me a new top of the line oven

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's the unapproved stuff that really costs...once it gets discovered er...under a tarp in the shed after your 12 year old tells Mum what a great deal Dad got at the wreckers last week..

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Why is divorce so expensive?

Marriage is treated as a business and your spouse is a business partner. If more people realised that was the case they might choose to be with someone else instead.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Divorce is so expensive because Lawyers incite hatred into their clients which in turn lengthens the process which only makes them more money. If people were smarter and realised this at the start and didn't let their emotions run away, then it can be all done with little issue or cost.

The do it yourself divorce kits are rather easy and at very low cost, but of course everyone during this time wants to take the high ground and that's what the lawyers cash in on.

The only winners are the lawyers.

Last edited:

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Divorce is so expensive because Lawyers incite hatred into their clients which in turn lengthens to process which only makes them more money. If people were smarter and realised this at the start and didn't let their emotions run away then it can be all done with little issue or cost. The do it yourself divorce kits are rather easy and at very low cost, but of course everyone during this time wants to take the high ground and that's what the lawyers cash in on.

The only winners are the lawyers.

IMO the legal system is a farce. The standards are so low for lawyers it makes it difficult to find a good one for the ordinary public to afford. And regardless of the issue half the lawyers in the courts lose everyday anyway and it is by design. What is really happening is money is being shifted from the public to the hands of the few that are behind the legal system and benefitting from it.

Last edited:

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
This discussion is getting a bit heavy for a tongue-in-cheek subject...

Hopefully my parts purchasing indiscretions don't lead to the divorce courts.

Note to self: buy a box of chocolates on way gome from supercheap....