Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Husband credits

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I think I must have got the last of the good ones. My spending on cars over the years has been eye watering. Having said
that I don't go out and spend big amounts at any one time. I am slowly restoring my vh so it is just buy a piece at a time.
She is happy that the bills are paid and we have a a few bob in the bank in case of an emergency. We have been together
for 42 years so I must be doing something right.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Everyone loves a bargain ...

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
A friend put his ve in for some induction work without telling his wife what it involved. $15,000 later
the car came back with amongst other things a blower. How he could get away without her knowing
he had spent that much money is beyond me. I think she finally cottoned on to what he had done.
He sold that car and promised her he would not modify the new car. All went well until a friend
unknowingly asked how the car was going with the new cam. She wouldn't speak to him for 3 days.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think I must have got the last of the good ones. My spending on cars over the years has been eye watering. Having said
that I don't go out and spend big amounts at any one time. I am slowly restoring my vh so it is just buy a piece at a time.
She is happy that the bills are paid and we have a a few bob in the bank in case of an emergency. We have been together
for 42 years so I must be doing something right.

I'm with you....We buy what we like, providing the cash is there....Bonus with me is, the wife loves me spending money on my toys....eg....got offered a good deal on a Holden black, with heaps of spars for the old 6's...Before I could get the sold out of my mouth, she said get it....

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I can buy pretty much anything i want. We are lucky enough to own our house and cars etc. But when i tell my wife i bought some wax , polish ,wheel cleaner and cloths and she asks how much, i use my standard answer ( because she is a smoker ) " cheaper than a carton of smokes and i don't have to buy them every couple of weeks "

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Missus car has developed an exhaust leak, has that noticeable tick on the outside of the passenger side. Do I need husband credits to replace worn components with new headers and 200cpi cats?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Missus car has developed an exhaust leak, has that noticeable tick on the outside of the passenger side. Do I need husband credits to replace worn components with new headers and 200cpi cats?
won't need husband credits for the repairs/upgrades. Just don't try telling your wife its her birthday present.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Repairs no, upgrades definitely required. The grey area is upgrades done for required repairs.