Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Husky's Voodoo blue VEII SSV manual wagon

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
This is my VE Series 2 SSV Manual wagon that I picked up recently. While looking for a car to replace my VU I thought I would be looking for a while, as it had to be manual, it had to be a wagon, it had to be Voodoo blue and it had to be series 2, which gave me a very small target. Fortunately, of the 2 cars for sale on Carsales which met that criteria, one was less than 30km from my house. So naturally, the second the money from selling my ute cleared, I went down, had a look and bought it.

When I bought it had 84,000km on it and the only mods were the wheels, the suspension, the tint and a front Pedders sway bar. I had to get the car raised as the lowered suspension wouldn’t clear my driveway. I plan on dropping it again, but will wait until I can afford coilovers. My mechanic had some standard FE2 suspension from another wagon that he fitted to mine. The wheels weren’t my personal favourite, but now look much nicer on my mate’s white SSV sedan, And I bought some S2 SSV wheels for myself and had them sprayed 2pac gloss black.

And that’s how it is for now.
So far my plans are
- Wheels (I like what I have, but I will eventually replace them to clear big brakes)
- Big brakes
- Coilovers
- Exhaust
- OTR and tune
- Blacked out exterior trim
- Rear sway bar
- E3 cluster and gauges
Current mods
- Gloss black SSV wheels
- Tint
- Pedders front sway bar
- Sports armour
Obviously more stuff will come in time.

PXL_20230411_033313613.jpg

PXL_20230411_033353999.jpg
PXL_20230411_033331354.jpg

Last edited:

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing wrong with the way it looks now, tell me ya not putting black rims on it :doh:

I am indeed. I'm normally not a fan of black wheels but I really like it on this colour. I also feel that if you have black rims you need good brakes to see behind them, so a brake upgrade will be on the table.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
How much this set you back Husky? Im looking to upgrade from my Vx

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
How much this set you back Husky? Im looking to upgrade from my Vx

This set me back $29,000. Which was probably too much, but it was the car I wanted. you can save a few grand with almost any other colour, or going auto, or getting a sedan. best advice is to jump on carsales and find one you like.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Looks mint love them wheels.
I think u got a great car mate.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Nice pickup mate, how many kms?

Also just be careful with SSV wheels, depending on which ones you have you won't fit Brembo or HSV brakes behind them.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice pickup mate, how many kms?

Also just be careful with SSV wheels, depending on which ones you have you won't fit Brembo or HSV brakes behind them.

83,000km. Decent for the age, and very decent compared to the 337,000 on my other wagon. I'm getting the stock 19" SSV series 2 wheels. I haven't really looked into brakes yet but I can change if need be, I just didn't see any 20" Holden wheels that took my fancy. I'll probably get something from the VF range when they are a bit cheaper if that's the case.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
That's pretty good then.

Yeah understandable, the VF has a few different styles in 19s and staggered that come on the redline which would fit over big brakes if you decide to look into them.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Love that colour on the wagon and ute.
Pontiac G8 20" rims would be a nice set that will clear a big brake upgrade. They come in silver, black and I think white.