Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Husky's Voodoo blue VEII SSV manual wagon

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Fitted my new wheels yesterday, they are stock series 2 SSV rims, just freshly sprayed in 2 pack black. It might seem like a step backwards to some, but I have a thing for having Holden wheels on my car (Both my VX and my old VU both ran VE wheels). I really like the black on this car, despite not liking black wheels in the past. Now I just needed painted brakes or preferably bigger brakes.

Another thing that will seem like a step backwards, the car is now stock height (I'll admit it looked better lower). This is because the car was scraping really badly coming into my garage, which was taking the fun out of driving it. I was going to try and raise it just enough to clear my driveway, but I wanted to keep it cheap, and my mechanic had a decent set he had pulled out of another car. The plan is coilovers next year, then I can tweak it as much as I want. The suspension that was in it is for sale if anyone wants their wagon at that sexy height, which was just bordering on lowest legal.

I also fitted my sports armour today. The photo is a bit crappy as you aren''t meant to drive for 6 hours after fitting it, so better ones will come later.

fc2why.jpg

rh5tuv.jpg

30hv6gg.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
New plates are fitted. I was originally going to get my initials (HJL) but they were placed on hold the day before I went to buy them (they were available 2 days prior). I gave Vicroads a ring and they have been randomly selected to be withdrawn from sale to be auctioned later, although they couldn't say when.

So I got something that sums up the car perfectly.

2dhv586.jpg

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
black n blue looks good..

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
There was a guy over here who used to have "BLUEWAGOON" plates.

Needless to say he also had a blue wagon.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is mint. Any new updates mate?

Nothing terribly interesting lately. There was a clunking coming from the front end that fortunately was just the sway bar links which was a cheap fix. All non-essential car spending is on hold until after my wedding in November (Except the diff I impulse bought for my VX). After that I'll be looking at an exhaust, otr and tune.

Last edited:

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Continuing with the black and blue colour scheme I've started, I fitted my bonnet protector (After only 2 months of arguing with the seller before getting the right stuff to mount it). Really happy with the look. I also bought some vinyl wrap and will hopefully wrap the chrome strip at the back soon.

2bcx2p.jpg

I also recently f***ed up reversing out of a tight space while tired and smashed the mirror housing. It was a stupid mistake but thankfully an easy fix. Thankfully the colour coded insert was ok, so I was able to track down a cheap mirror in a different colour and swap it out.

2s623xe.jpg

15zmtex.jpg

5xjyc0.jpg