Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Husky's Voodoo blue VEII SSV manual wagon

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looking very tidy, and the colour combo is spot on.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
A couple of small updates.

Continuing with my black and blue theme I took the chrome strip on the tail gate off (What a prick of a job) and wrapped it in black. I'm happy with the look, although when you are up close there are some imperfections I'm not 100% happy with. I might redo it one day, but not for a while.

I also splurged a bit and got a nice dashcam professionally installed by The Car Kit Company (Very recommended, the guy that did my install came within 3 days and very professional. And he managed to not break any clips). Initially I was only going to get a forward facing camera as the rear was and extra $220 supply and install, however on the day they accidentally sent the installer a 2 camera one. So he ran the office up for a deal and I could choose from him coming back the next day with the right camera, or for an extra $40 he could just install the model that had been sent out, so I went with that. The footage is very good, 1080p forwards and 720p rear. I also got a powermagic put in so for up to 12 hours after I turn the engine off the camera will record when it senses movement.

2e4hlab.jpg

otdx8k.jpg

1183w3k.jpg

35kqrs1.jpg

mr_sikma

Reaction score
Members Ride
REXXXY, SIKMA, Kia Rio
Looking good mate!!!

I think i prefer the black strip at the back too! Why was it hard to get off?

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking good mate!!!

I think i prefer the black strip at the back too! Why was it hard to get off?

Once you get the trim off, which is held in by roughly ten thousand clips, the chrome strip is held on by 6 nuts. 4 of these are normal nuts of screws mounted to the bar, however the other 2 are held to the bar with a plastic head, so the second you crack them with a shifter they break free and the screw spins with the nut. Which then means you have to try and hold the screw with vice grips while turning it veeeeeery slowly with a spanner, in a very small space.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had my brakes colour matched to the car. It's hard to get a decent photo but I love the look. I'll get slotted rotors when these one are more worn down (Or maybe sooner as they squeal so bad, even after having the discs machined and the pads sanded). Big brakes will come in a few years when the wheels I want are MUCH cheaper.

2j1myvs.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
I took a trip to Automotive Lighting Customs the other week and got an E3 Cluster fitted. While I was at it I got blue needles fitted. Next time I have some spare money for car stuff I'll be going back for a GPS update, the head unit screen made blue and the four rings on the HVAC and hed unit controls changed from red to blue. I also really want the E3 gauges to go with the cluster, But that might have to wait a while.

r7k7s1.jpg

2e30aiu.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sadly not much happening with this car at the moment as all car related funds this year have gone into my VX. I got the car polished and went for a nice drive down to Phillip island and got some photos, I also spent $600 on a service (Plugs, leads, air filter, etc). Hopefully next year this car will get some nice treatment (Or I'll intercool the VX).

svtly1.jpg