Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Good afternoon all

Commodore VE SSV 2009 Ute

First off I know this has been posted twice but I believe my issue is different somehow

I started off with having an actuator fault because my car would stay on "Face" when I selected "Feet" so I knew one if them was at fault

Upon changing over the actuator on the lower passenger side (Hot/Cold) that's when my real issues started

So when I run the re-learn process by holding down the rear demister button for 5 seconds the actuator that I replaced rotates all the way down to the HOT position but does not come back up and stays stuck there but when I take the actuator out and let it freely hang the cog moves in both directions as it should do normally and I wonder why it is doing that?

Someone mentioned to me it could be my recirc actuator so I replaced that and ran the re-learn again and the recirc moved back and forth as normal so that's fine

I am still yet to identify the real root cause of this problem hence why I am about to rip everything out and make my car go back to a single zone if that's even possible

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
Good afternoon all

Commodore VE SSV 2009 Ute

First off I know this has been posted twice but I believe my issue is different somehow

I started off with having an actuator fault because my car would stay on "Face" when I selected "Feet" so I knew one if them was at fault

Upon changing over the actuator on the lower passenger side (Hot/Cold) that's when my real issues started

So when I run the re-learn process by holding down the rear demister button for 5 seconds the actuator that I replaced rotates all the way down to the HOT position but does not come back up and stays stuck there but when I take the actuator out and let it freely hang the cog moves in both directions as it should do normally and I wonder why it is doing that?

Someone mentioned to me it could be my recirc actuator so I replaced that and ran the re-learn again and the recirc moved back and forth as normal so that's fine

I am still yet to identify the real root cause of this problem hence why I am about to rip everything out and make my car go back to a single zone if that's even possible

Recirc flap is broken, pull out the blower motor and see if you can move it by hand easily. If you can the pivots have broken. Im going through a HVAC problem myself atm, and that was the cause of the symptom yours is presenting.

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SV6 Sportwagon Slipstream Blue Black Ed.
Hey Guys...is this recirc door actuator easy to get to?

I can see it on the HVAC schematic as #1 on the far Left...can you get to it by removing the globe box?

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Guys...is this recirc door actuator easy to get to?

I can see it on the HVAC schematic as #1 on the far Left...can you get to it by removing the globe box?

Nope, it’s a pain in the bum.

Yeah you can see it through if you remove the glovebox and the blower fan, you can even touch it! But to access it, you need to go in through the plenum cover, remove the pollen filter. I usually do my own work, but i left this one to holden.

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Mate.

Yeah it doesnt look that easy to get to. I remember seeing the recirc door last time i changed the pollen filter.

So to replace the actuator you gotta do it from the outside too eh?

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Mate.

Yeah it doesnt look that easy to get to. I remember seeing the recirc door last time i changed the pollen filter.

So to replace the actuator you gotta do it from the outside too eh?

I didn’t change my actuator for recirc door mate, but i’m almost 100% sure it’s done from the inside like all the others, it’s on the far left hand side, you can see it from the passenger side footwell when you take out the glove box and foot vent tube.

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that mate...appreciated!