Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hvac not turning off

Jacks5000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Commodore
Since having my SV6 the HVAC has been a pain , every time I turn on the recirculate button to turn the HVAC off it goes off , but once I turn the car off then on again the button needs to be press again to turn it off , this is not normal for me as other cars I've had remain off until pressed again. Then there is days when I press the recirculate button to turn off the HVAC , the HVAC blows hot air ,spoken to the dealer and he said it was normal for Holden

Is this normal!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the hvac in the vf is dodgy and kind of remembers its own settings when ever it likes.
try go into the vehicle settings in the mylink and turn off "personalization by driver" then turn the vehicle off.
then start the vehicle and setup the hvac settings how you like and then turn the vehicle off, lock it and come back in 5 minutes and start it and see if the settings changed.

you can screw around with turning the "personalization by driver" option off and on and changing the hvac settings like above and it might save the settings.
the remote start also seems to use the settings from when you set them with "personalization by driver" off.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
My understanding is that by pressing the recirculate button you are simply changing where the air comes from, either inside the cabin or outside the cabin. You need to press the centre fan button to turn the system off.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Since having my SV6 the HVAC has been a pain , every time I turn on the recirculate button to turn the HVAC off it goes off , but once I turn the car off then on again the button needs to be press again to turn it off , this is not normal for me as other cars I've had remain off until pressed again. Then there is days when I press the recirculate button to turn off the HVAC , the HVAC blows hot air ,spoken to the dealer and he said it was normal for Holden

Is this normal!

Normal for the VF, being that they do not encourage a prolonged use of recirculate (either on or off) as you drive as it could induce sleepiness. I find it a pain to turn it off each time I start the car too but it’s a minor inconvenience for a fantastic car.

lordsnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV
being that they do not encourage a prolonged use of recirculate (either on or off) as you drive as it could induce sleepiness

The auto ventilate after 45 mins (or thereabouts) and the auto AC when on recirculate are the two most baffling decision decisions, and could've been surely configurable in MyLink. I think most would turn these off if given the chance.

Jacks5000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Commodore
Thanks everyone for there input , tied all the above suggestion ,but no luck same thing happens need to press the recirculate button every time to turn it off

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
It's not set to automatic is it? The car can open and close the circulate whenever it pleases.