Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hybrid Ceramic Spray

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
1606381192561.png

Someone posted something like the above and said it was really good. Does anyone know if this is the gear? Repco have it for $22 which is cheaper than Bowdens thick wax. I will need to do some waxing in a few weeks and if this gear is the go I will grab one.

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
Just finished a whole bottle, it's great once you put the first layer down by hand the rest of the applications you can spray & rinse.
Do it in the shade otherwise it streaks.
I work at a concrete plant so need a good barrier from the cement dust that I can apply easily once a week after washing.

I read some other reviews recently that Turtle wax seal & shine is supposed to be even better, so I bought a bottle a couple of weeks ago & can definitely say it's a nicer deeper shine.

With both i recommend clay barring to clear the paint of any contamination & then you can start layering it up.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Yip as above it’s the top layer (sealant) so if you wanna polish or clay bar do that 1st before applying

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s good, but hard to apply.
Their method of applying and rinsing is poor. I don’t think any detailer has said that’s good. It does streak really easy. It’s hard to remove the streaking.

9FBF999B-132C-4208-8FC0-9F01A68D4737.jpeg

I’d strongly suggest the Turtle Wax Ceramic product, which leaves the Maguiars for dead. It’s cheaper too.

0DEAE06B-B9D3-4443-A52A-E77EA0A184B3.jpeg

Then there is this batshit crazy one. Soooo good. Costs a bit more. Again, eclipses the Maguiars product. Also light years ahead of any other like this on the market.

Of course not up there with true ceramic finishes or graphene, but these can get a finish on paint that 20 years ago took a day to achieve.

I’ve tried these on some average looking paint finishes and was blown away by what they can achieve with no paint correction at all. Once corrections are done, the finish is amazing.

Yes they do last and I’d suggest the Turtle Wax seal and shine is still doing its job after 12mths almost! (It’s on my VZ Crewman) I hit the car with a snow foam and rinse. Use the blower to dry it off, a quick going over with a clean micro fibre and it’s good to go. Looks just polished every time.

(Just went out to the garage to get these photos for you)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
IIRC it was @someguy360 that gave it the thumbs up in his Stato thread.

Yeeep, I recommend using this first as a base, I've found this seems to be better as a first application then use the spray as additional layers after.
1606432709899.png

Then using the spray on stuff to keep it clean every few weeks after (I've now moved from using waterless car wash to using the ceramic detailer to clean the car in the shed).

It should be said, I don't wash my car with water, nor does it get driven in the rain so I can't really attest to how long it lasts in normal driving situations where the car frequently gets wet.

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
It’s good, but hard to apply.
Their method of applying and rinsing is poor. I don’t think any detailer has said that’s good. It does streak really easy. It’s hard to remove the streaking.

View attachment 216722
I’d strongly suggest the Turtle Wax Ceramic product, which leaves the Maguiars for dead. It’s cheaper too.

View attachment 216723
Then there is this batshit crazy one. Soooo good. Costs a bit more. Again, eclipses the Maguiars product. Also light years ahead of any other like this on the market.

Of course not up there with true ceramic finishes or graphene, but these can get a finish on paint that 20 years ago took a day to achieve.

I’ve tried these on some average looking paint finishes and was blown away by what they can achieve with no paint correction at all. Once corrections are done, the finish is amazing.

Yes they do last and I’d suggest the Turtle Wax seal and shine is still doing its job after 12mths almost! (It’s on my VZ Crewman) I hit the car with a snow foam and rinse. Use the blower to dry it off, a quick going over with a clean micro fibre and it’s good to go. Looks just polished every time.

(Just went out to the garage to get these photos for you)
Good review I'll take a look at the Turtle Ceramic next time.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Once apon a time, Turtle Wax would never come close to getting a mention in the detailing world. They must of had some new chemists get into the business because their products took a huge leap forward recently and have been taken fairly seriously by detailers, in the sense of not their day to day business, but that these hybrid ceramics are worthwhile to use by enthusiasts.

At the serious end of things, paint correction, residue removal and true ceramic sealants are hard to beat. These spray on, inexpensive products imitate that high end finish well, and so far Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic is still the King for ease of use and finish. Maguiars comes down the list now, as does the CMX (way down).

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sandro is one of Australia’s great detailers. His objective point of view and high skill level in his craft is something that can’t be ignored.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Quick detailers/waterless washes were once applauded but the industry moved on and changed its thinking on it with time.