Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hybrid Parking Spots

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
This is Bullshit and if i see those spots (They have them at currumbin sanctuary in QLD) i make it a point to park in them

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
forms of fuel are not a power source, they just keep the power source going. however if someone was to have one of those cars with an engine up front, and an engine in the boot, that could be different

To rank as a hybrid, you need to have two different types of power production. Two engines of the same type won't qualify. You would need petrol and one of the following alternatives:

electric
steam
nuclear (greenies would love that one)
rubber band (health freaks would love this - imagine the exercise winding it up)
mouse driven wheel (RSPCA might object to this one)
pedal (well, it IS alternative power, isn't it?)

Probably others I didn't think of at 5.30 in the morning......

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
One would have to assume that the parking fees would be considerable and would be passed on to customers in the form of additional cost at purchase and servicing time, though.

Nothing is ever free these days, especially when it comes to cars.

I dont think the consumer would ever see the additional cost, well I certainly doubt it would be anything worth not buying a car over. When buying a prius or a civic the last thought on ones mind would be how much things would cost, would be more like "will my father think Im gay if I buy this" that would be my main concern :p

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
I thought the whole point of the priority parking they have in other countries was for the EV's and recharge points, none of which have taken off in OZ yet....

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
My VT is a Hybrid. It has some VX running gear making it a VT/VX Hybrid.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Thank you, Minux :D

I'm glad I don't live in Sydney. Or Melbourne. In fact, I'm glad that where I live and work I never have to pay for parking :D