Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hybrid Parking Spots

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Hybrids get priority parking | carsguide.com.au

Hybrid cars will temporarily get priority parking at Sydney and Melbourne airports under a scheme being rolled out by Honda.

The Japanese carmaker – which offers a hybrid in its Civic line-up, soon to be followed here by the return of the hybrid Insight — will over the next few months introduce Hybrid Priority Parking spots at both airports, and at a major Melbourne shopping centre.

And happily for owners of the hybrid Toyota Prius and the various Lexus hybrids, it seems the spaces are available for other brands to use.
Related Coverage

The priority parking will be available at Melbourne Central shopping complex from Monday 11 May to Saturday 23 May, with the Melbourne Airport spots to follow soon after and Sydney Airport later this year.

Three car parks will be available for hybrids, but their placement is still being negotiated.

“Due to our long history in hybrid technology, it is only fitting that Honda is first to reward our hybrid drivers,” Honda Australia’s senior director Lindsay Smalley says.

“Honda is an industry leader in producing low emission vehicles, dating back to the original Civic in 1972 with its ultra-clean CVCC engine. Since then, Honda has introduced hybrid and natural gas powered cars all over the world and recently launched its 100 per cent emissions-free car, the FCX Clarity.”

But Honda is not the first to reward hybrid drivers with priority parking.

Lexus got there first with its original LS luxury car, which was given priority parking at the Sydney Opera Centre, the Festival Centre in Adelaide and the Melbourne Arts Centre in 1990.

Westfield has been doing a rollout for hybrid spots, while the Darling Harbour exhibition centre in Sydney also has priority parking for hybrid cars.

Westfield corporate affairs manager Julia Clarke says four hybrid car parking bays have been installed at the Chatswood and Hornsby centres in recognition that some shoppers have adopted new car technology that is more environmentally friendly. The bays have been in place for around 5 months, and to date have been well received - although it is still early days, she says.

"We’ll continue to review and at this stage have announced no confirmed plans to introduce at any other centres," Clarke says.

I'll tell you now that as i see one of these spots I'm gonna park in it.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Im gonna do a massive burnout on it

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
ill just wire up some AA batteries to the engine in case anyone questions it

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
why does honda get to decide who parks where? lets see if holden can release some v8 parking spots

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Learner and p plate parking spaces would be nice also

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Learner and p plate parking spaces would be nice also

agreed :yeah:.

This is complete bullshit. Was on sunrise a while ago in their typical debate situation. The guy on the against side said that he owned a small sports car that had similar fuel figures to a hybrid yet still wasn't allowed any special privileges. He also suggested a sports car space.

I think most of the cars on this forum will fit under that category. I mean most are V8's (obvious sports car) or modded V6's (sporty enough for my books).

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
agreed :yeah:.

This is complete bullshit. Was on sunrise a while ago in their typical debate situation. The guy on the against side said that he owned a small sports car that had similar fuel figures to a hybrid yet still wasn't allowed any special privileges. He also suggested a sports car space.

erm, why is it bullshit? Its bullshit companies buy this parking at premium $$$ to allow their customers to use it?

Good on them I say.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
why does honda get to decide who parks where? lets see if holden can release some v8 parking spots

Yeah but then if you have V8 parking spots, you will get all the V6 Commodores with JETPILOT stickers on then parking in the V8 spots :p