Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I’m running really hot

Rawiri Wenmoth

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 vs commodore
Now I have just brought this vs spac I have a really bad heat problem it has a brand new ally radiator I can just drive around the block and it’s that hot that I can’t touch the hoses what can I do

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Filled the radiator with coolant ?
Used bleed screw to remove trapped air ?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
it’s that hot that I can’t touch the hoses what can I do

Normal operating temp is like 90 degrees so you shouldn't be able to touch them after the car warms up anyway. What else are you basing that you think it's too hot off of?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I'm running hot too, just spent 3hr on the phone with Centrelink complaint lines as they cut my payment for no reason, so peed off I'm the victim of their system failure and still haven't got any where. My blood pressure is at boiling point.

Ok I would agree with not bleeding the system therefor not enough coolant in the system, or a stuck thermostat or water pump warn out..

Rawiri Wenmoth

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 vs commodore
Filled the radiator with coolant ?
Used bleed screw to remove trapped air ?
Where would the screw be iv just flushed the radiator and put all new coolant in it the radiator doesn’t hold that much though 3L if coolant and maybe 3 of water

Rawiri Wenmoth

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 vs commodore
Normal operating temp is like 90 degrees so you shouldn't be able to touch them after the car warms up anyway. What else are you basing that you think it's too hot off of?
My fan won’t turn on either unless I unplug the coolant temp sensor and the sensors not fucken because iv just replaced it

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Should have a bleed screw above the thermostat housing, you need to raise the coolant level above the bleed screw I use a 2L milk container and wrap electrical tape around the tread until snug fit, of Coase u need to cut the bottom, turn heater on full start the car until all the air is out of the bleeder valve, u should have a steady stream.
Fan wont kick in till 104deg or if A/C is turned on, second fan around 114deg before it kicks in, try swapping the relays over.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Bleed screw is close to where the top radiator hose connects to the engine. Look for the brass screw.
I fill up the radiator and overflow bottle to the top. Open the bleed screw with the engine cold. Fit rad cap and just nip up the bleed screw. Start engine and idle for 5 minutes or so until you can feel the pressure is building in the top radiator hose. Then open the bleed screw slowly and let the air escape until a steady stream of coolant is seen, then tighten screw. Go for a short drive to move any air to the top and open the bleed screw again and repeat if a lot of air is still in the system. Check overflow bottle level and top up if necessary..