Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I am having trouble finding the paint codes for a VN Calais

jon_vn_calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0L
I am currently stripping my VN Calais back to bare metal ready for a complete respray and want to change the colour slightly. I have a 1989 series 1 VN calias (blue over silver) and want to change it to the series 2 colour which is a slightly darker blue over champagne. I have been told that the blue is sapphire blue 2B074 but not sure if this is correct and also have no idea what the paint code is for the champagne or the dark strip below it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jon.

Attachments

• 13012010584.jpg
    13012010584.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 3,543

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
That is the code for Saphire blue. :)

jon_vn_calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0L
I know the code matches the colour but not sure if it is the colour of the pic i posted. I cant seem to find info showing me that VN calais was even painted this colour from the factory.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I know the code matches the colour but not sure if it is the colour of the pic i posted. I cant seem to find info showing me that VN calais was even painted this colour from the factory.

I have the codes at home (working today). If you have the code on your build plate and the out side matches the inside, the colour would be Saphire Blue.

This is my Saphire Blue VN ---> http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/vn-vp-vg-vq/96574d1278414751-vn-91-v8-side.jpg

Bottom half of the doors are a lighter blue - more onto the grey side than blue (Bonnet is the same as the bottom half of the doors). I've repainted the bars, top half of the doors and gaurds in Saphire Blue. I did not realise the car was the wrong colour until I was well into painting the spare parts to go on the car. Put the bar up against the car and wow totaly different. So now the car matches the inside :)

jon_vn_calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0L
Im not sure. I have the series 1 1989 vn which was in desperate need for a respray. I spotted this series 2 calais while visiting a workshop and the owner didnt mind me taking a photo so i could paint my car the same. He has told me that the blue is 2B074 sapphire blue but doesnt know the paint code for the bottom half. he said it was like a champagne colour like the vl commodore used to have but this hasnt helped me to find what paint code it is. The paint code on my car is 2B053 but that is no good to me as i am changing.