Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] I am looking to get

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
extractors, headers and a 2.25"-3" catback exhaust system on a 2004 vz sv6 commodore, my pride and joy. now everyone i have been getting quotes off "cant do it because its too much hassle" unless im willing to spend over $3000. is it easier to do it myself if i bought a catback and just got someone to put in the headers and extractors? any help would be much appreciated :)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Who exactly have you been going to that have said it's too much of a hassle?

Are you asking them to build you a custom system or?

Not sure about the headers, but putting a catback on is easy enough usually, the hard bit is getting the car high enough off the ground to you can work under there.

Where in Vic are you exactly, I'm sure there a re a few members on here who will be able to point you in the direction of a decent exhaust shop.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
^^^ i agree. Where have you been getting quotes?

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
i am in ringwood, and i tried a few mobs around the area all wanted $2500-$3500 to do it and the reason? they needed to make "custom pipes to fit the vz, and 'its just going to be a hassle' ". load of sh*t if you ask me. the internet is useless thats what bought me back here. what would you suggest?

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
That's weird that they knock you back mate. They must be booked out with bug jobs or just hate holdens?
Have you tried ringing around or has it just been the one shop? Cause that guy mite just be a douche

Sorry posted at same time as op lol

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
unique exhausts (bayswater) JHP and AutoXcess so far. and another mod "custom exhausts" or something from coburg. honestly if its easy id rather do it myself but i am still learning the ropes hahah

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
A cat back should be pretty straightforward and a member on here ships them out straight to your door. But if you want extractors I'm not sure...maybe you could buy them and pay a shop to install? I've only installed extractors on a wb ute ls1 conversion and we had to pull the engine out to get the suckers in.

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
awesome well whos the dude do you know?

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Send him a pm Not An Abba Fan
Im sure if you ask him nicely he'll help ya out. Just tell him what car ya got and what you're after :)
Pretty sure he ships straight to ya door anyways lol you'll soon find out