Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I assume the V8 auto VF learns drivers style?

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
After coming from a Ford, I am still learning about the VF Calais V V8 I have had for 48 hours. Loving it. It was a demo so I presume had many drivers and was the Dealer Principal's car. Now I will be the only driver. The Ford's ZF auto learnt over time a drivers style and adjusted shift points etc. Does the Holden auto have the same smarts?
Mine is a December 2013 built with first rego in Feb 14. Holden announced it's closure on Dec 11 and I wondered if mine was built pre announcement. I can't fault the quality in any way.

Bob

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I don't think so. If it did, mine wouldn't change up to 2nd so quickly.

jhsg

Reaction score
Never heard that about ford's before.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Not that smart, but smart enough to know when you want to flog it to hold gears even when you back off for next hairpin. Needs some wot to make it start working.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Dont think so... but it does have a Sport shift setting which is meant to give more responsive gear changes or something.

cheers

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
No it is not an adaptive gearbox. In sports shift mode it does have the ability to hold gears longer, stay in the current gear when you back off instead of changing to the next gear and downshifting when on the brakes. In Normal shift mode the stock tune is all about comfort and fuel efficiency.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
After coming from a Ford, I am still learning about the VF Calais V V8 I have had for 48 hours. Loving it. It was a demo so I presume had many drivers and was the Dealer Principal's car. Now I will be the only driver. The Ford's ZF auto learnt over time a drivers style and adjusted shift points etc. Does the Holden auto have the same smarts?
Mine is a December 2013 built with first rego in Feb 14. Holden announced it's closure on Dec 11 and I wondered if mine was built pre announcement. I can't fault the quality in any way.

Bob

In a nutshell, yes.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
When it's in sports mode, if you start driving spiritedly it flashes up something like "performance shift enabled" and starts rev matching down shifts and holding gears quite aggressively. So it does adapt in that setting.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Thanks for the replies.