Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I bought a 2000 Berlina - but I don't know if it's a VX or a VT

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
There is something not quite fitting correctly. LHS bonnet edge is lower than RHS.
The VT Berlina had the same twin 'nostril' grille as the lower spec. The grille inserts had a chrome surround. (I think, mine was nearly 20 years ago now )

yeah and they had those chrome surround driving lights too.

Representative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
If you ever find yourself in a pickle finding the info on your vehicle, you can call any Holden dealership and give them the vin and they will be able to tell you everything that was original about the car

Moorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
could just have a swapped nose - that's a VX nose.

what's the VIN? also 2000 is VT for sure.

So are you saying that my car has a VX nose or at least a VX plastic grill on it?

The internet isn't helping me get more learn-ed on my vehicle so I can do stuff with it monetarily, and I can't even get a consistent run of photo's or pics of the same search entry (VX) - OR - (VT) (2000 Berlina). There aren't many photos of this car on the net man.

So does the VT have a nose like this? https://www.holmart.com.au/assets/alt_1/92083333.jpg?20200902162255
And the original VX has a nose like mine? with the silver plastic grille over the bumper?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
Your headlights are VX Berlina/Calais, your grille is VX Berlina/Calais series 1, your front bumper is VX Berlina. Therefore, all that probably came off a VX Berlina series 1.