Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i built this car up from **** when i was 12

vlalx095

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl sl
story is i had a 308 vk when i was 12 and had to gget drivable car for my ps so i swapped the vk for this vl and 5 grand. it was completely stock and it didnt start s i replaced the fuel tank, bought aftermarket pumps(inter and outer) then replace the fuel filter and fuel rails.
then i replaced injectors and fuels pressure regulator and it still wouldnt start so i looked at spark.

with the ignition system i replaced all spark plugs with after market ngk dual prong plugs, i bought new leads and a new coil pack. fire ball i think they were. then i got a new dizzy and crank angle sensor and tried to start it then and no spark so i bought a new computer with aftermarket chips and tried it the and still no go.

then i spent most of the money i got from the vk on a full motor rebuild with all new forged internals and a bigger camshaft(not sure what stage a mechanic gave me the upgrade) new gaskets and bearings and when i put it all together it stll wouldnt start so i left the motor for a while and decked out the sterion system

i got a kenwood head deck and some kenwood 6x9s and some auspower 6x6s (that light up to your chosen colour) then i ran all that though a big 2000w 4ch kicker amp with two hardfaced 12 inch kicker subs. then i went and got some red and blue neons for show and put them under the seats, boot and dash

then my cousin sold me some 17inch x 8 inch mags that i had to polish up.

it didnt take too long before it started coming good but i gave up on the engine for about 2 years and just let it sit while i did some more to the interior and exhaust system.

i bought a new boss kit and after market steering wheel and saas foot pedals,
leanrt to weld and made my own 2.5 inch exhaust pipe, booted the guts outta the cattalytic converter (for high flow) and some dick face asked me if i wanted him to put a muffler on and i let him do it himself when i was on hollidays. he welded a gay ass cannon onto my exhaust system which really makes my work look ****. the extractors are either redbacks or pacemakers. dont actually know all i know is that they sound tuff.

up until last year i decided to try with the engine again and sprayed a shitload of aerostart into the intake manifold and turned it over and then it finally rewarded my work with a big roar.. but then i hooked up the airflow meter and it was about a hundred times better.

it just sucks now that i spent all the money i had when i could have bought and lsd and a manual conversion with it

The colour is too hektic respray it a non hektic colour wheres the pics ? .

ive been looking hard out for and lsd with disc brakes, ive done alot to the interior eg sterio system, carpet, seat covers ect i had to rewire the dash (which i should have replaced when i had the money) i did the exhaust myself(2.5 inch hi flow cat wit pacemaker or redback extractors.) i rebuilt the engine (replaced pistons rods crank arms and cam. all forged) all ive done to the suspension is bough ultra low kingsprings and replaced ball joints

you can only see that ive changed the wheels but all the work is on the interior and engine.. i think this is what a car looks like as long as it drives good and goes hard

110125_071218.jpg
110125_071227.jpg

110125_071242.jpg
110125_071346.jpg

vl2.jpg
vl3.jpg

vl4.jpg

ok soo heres my engine bay now and a few pics of the car about 2 weeks after i bought it. i will get the rest of the picture of the interior now when it stops raining.

Attachments

• alexs vl commodore.jpg
    alexs vl commodore.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
a man of few words ,how about some pics and details about it, at least make it worthwhile clicking into. maybe even some before and after pics.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
yeah keen to see whats its like now.....

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
What did the car look like before im keen on them pics ? .

IS250FSSV

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Lexus GS 300,Holden Commodore SSV 2009,LX-R
this thread is oozing sarcasm, like soooo much, its nut **** crazy!

I know aye..........He just gave us so much info we are itching for more!

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
give him a break guys, not everyone knows how to use forums straight away, just remember we were all noobs at one point too, i know i sure as hell didnt read the rules thread or use the search function when i first joined JC (my first forum), because i had no idea they even existed

check out some of the other cars threads bud and see how the others have been set out, most people use the same template, car looks clean by the way

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Looks good mate!

Nice and tidy.....

vlalx095

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl sl
thanks for the spam guys u know its good support ayy especially tho i posted from a phone that only allows 20 characters and i only became a member about 2 days ago.. but anyway im working on getting before and after pics but have to deal with school and work first. but anyway it was a completely stock sl with only a paintjob and stock wheels. ill have some pictures up in about an hour but until then u can keep spamming.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
thanks for the spam guys u know its good support ayy especially tho i posted from a phone that only allows 20 characters and i only became a member about 2 days ago.. but anyway im working on getting before and after pics but have to deal with school and work first. but anyway it was a completely stock sl with only a paintjob and stock wheels. ill have some pictures up in about an hour but until then u can keep spamming.
So you changed the wheels over?