Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i built this car up from **** when i was 12

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Its hard to understand because its illegal to employ a 13 year old.

Main stream employment yes, but you can work for your family. My kids, indeed even me, have all worked in the family business from young ages. All 3 of mine cleaned my Fathers business well before 14 years of age and were paid.

Believe it or not, some families are quite wealthy and the kids reap the rewards.

Nice welcome for a young lad to this forum by being called a liar over and over.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Main stream employment yes, but you can work for your family. My kids, indeed even me, have all worked in the family business from young ages. All 3 of mine cleaned my Fathers business well before 14 years of age and were paid.

Believe it or not, some families are quite wealthy and the kids reap the rewards.

Nice welcome for a young lad to this forum by being called a liar over and over.

Yes but whens stories chop and change as much as what has been done so far, you are expecting to get a lot of people calling him a "liar" on a forum with tens of thousands of members!

It's also nice to insult someone by telling them to #### off and then threaten them later by saying "if my uncle say you he would give you a revving"!!

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Mate I am sorry you have taken it so personally. Its certainly not intended as such. It's very obvious that I am not the only one that finds your story strange and more than a little unlikely.

This is supposed to be a forum, where people offer their views and opinions, discuss stuff, and offer each other help and advice. I've simply offered an opinion, the same as your mates or the others on this forum offer an opinion on subjects that attract their attention or interest.

Its not intended as a personal attack, and if you have taken it that way you certainly have my genuine apologies. I hope you have noticed that in no part of any post I have made have I insulted or abused you in any way.

Its a shame that you felt the need to insult me, but I forgive you for that, its obvious I have upset you. Thats not my intention here.

I've told you I like the vl, and if its yours, more power to you, and I hope it goes well for you. Again, I am sorry if you feel I have been attacking you.

vlalx095

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl sl
daxter if your read the biography on my profile you will see that ive stated the front bumper and front end were smashed.

dad bought the car for the motor and gearbox for our torana. because dad couldnt find a torana he just let the car sit because the front end was far from road worthy and he had no cars that needed a motor.

dad told me that he wanted to sell it because rebuilding the motor would be too much of a hassle for him and he thought there wasnt much point.
so i asked him for it. simple he said ok.. im not the only kid that has had a v8 for a first car. my little 10 year old cousin has a little lc torana with a 304 commodore engine in it. hes also got a 4 cylinder ta torana and a 4 cylinder hb torana.

i know i got ripped off with the swap but whos complaining he had a way bigger job ahead of him than i did. and what 12 year old knows the full value of a car. 5 grand sounds like 50 grand to a 12 year old. dad said i could do what ever i wanted with it so i sold the vk and got the vl.

honestly i dont know why the backing story is soo important i came to the site for advice. not to write out a massive essay on how i got the car. its 4 years worth of information.. how am i surpposed to write all that down on here in what 3 days when half the time i ve had to reply to haters who pick at details from the start of the story.

i think ill delete this thread and try again another time, daxter maybe some advice on how to wirte one ?? cheers

vlalx095

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl sl
and you can legally get a job at thirteen. ive been at my job for nearly 2 and a half years.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
i had a friend at tafe who said he quit skool at 12 and has been working up in the hills/bush for 4 years so im guessing you are able to have a proper job at 13 years old..

and when i read you worked in a pub at the age of 13 i just lost it ay, when i was 12 i had a friend's mum who worked in a pub and she said we were not ment to be in there and she wasnt ment to be serving us water, so i dont know why you felt the need to say that.

easily believeable if you said you worked on the car with your dad/uncle and it was going to be yours when you are able to start driving (which i think you were ment to say) and now you own it which is nice :)

so when are the pictures coming up?

Last edited:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
daxter if your read the biography on my profile you will see that ive stated the front bumper and front end were smashed.

dad bought the car for the motor and gearbox for our torana. because dad couldnt find a torana he just let the car sit because the front end was far from road worthy and he had no cars that needed a motor.

dad told me that he wanted to sell it because rebuilding the motor would be too much of a hassle for him and he thought there wasnt much point.
so i asked him for it. simple he said ok.. im not the only kid that has had a v8 for a first car. my little 10 year old cousin has a little lc torana with a 304 commodore engine in it. hes also got a 4 cylinder ta torana and a 4 cylinder hb torana.

i know i got ripped off with the swap but whos complaining he had a way bigger job ahead of him than i did. and what 12 year old knows the full value of a car. 5 grand sounds like 50 grand to a 12 year old. dad said i could do what ever i wanted with it so i sold the vk and got the vl.

honestly i dont know why the backing story is soo important i came to the site for advice. not to write out a massive essay on how i got the car. its 4 years worth of information.. how am i surpposed to write all that down on here in what 3 days when half the time i ve had to reply to haters who pick at details from the start of the story.

i think ill delete this thread and try again another time, daxter maybe some advice on how to wirte one ?? cheers

Not sure why you want my advice lol... but if you want to start a new thread I would just say hi everyone, I'm Alex, this is my car and this is what I have done to it so far. Leave out the stuff about the vk, its not relevant to this car and obviously people disbelieve the story, so its gonna get you flamed ...

I've told you I'm sorry for upsetting you mate, lets just move on and forget the vk ok? Lets see a build thread on your vl instead of arguing about your old car.. :)

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Close the #### and start fresh ftw :)

vlalx095

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl sl
although i said i work at a pub. i dont mean i work behind a bar.. i work in the bistro i wash dishes and run meals. its **** work but 13.50 an hour was pretty appealling