Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I can’t open my Bonnet!

Brocher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
Hi everyone,

Noop here. I’ve got awesome VE SSV ute, which I love!

My alternator went a couple of weeks ago. It’s not my daily driver, so I’ve not managed to get it in to get it sorted. I went to get something out of it today. I pressed the unlock button and heard a noise. I was quite surprised there was any battery power in it.

However, it seems to have half unlocked the door. I can’t open it with the key (the key turns and does nothing now - it opened the car fine before), and the cars still locked. I’m thinking if I get the battery charged, she might fully unlock. However, I’m not sure how to open the bonnet from the outside.

I’ve got the Chevy grill, so not that much room. I’ve googled it, and can’t find anything.

Any help gratefully accepted!

Attachments

• 8367957E-7942-45F0-8136-575BB2259841.jpeg
    8367957E-7942-45F0-8136-575BB2259841.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 240
  • BD68CE4D-BEF6-4A73-B1CF-9AED95A5D63B.jpeg
    BD68CE4D-BEF6-4A73-B1CF-9AED95A5D63B.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 237

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hi everyone,

Noop here. I’ve got awesome VE SSV ute, which I love!

My alternator went a couple of weeks ago. It’s not my daily driver, so I’ve not managed to get it in to get it sorted. I went to get something out of it today. I pressed the unlock button and heard a noise. I was quite surprised there was any battery power in it.

However, it seems to have half unlocked the door. I can’t open it with the key (the key turns and does nothing now - it opened the car fine before), and the cars still locked. I’m thinking if I get the battery charged, she might fully unlock. However, I’m not sure how to open the bonnet from the outside.

I’ve got the Chevy grill, so not that much room. I’ve googled it, and can’t find anything.

Any help gratefully accepted!
lf you break into it, it will activate the imobilizer requiring some technical assistance im guessing. Best to call your road assist service in your state.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
put key in, turn till you think it will break pull handle same time, it works