Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I can't get more than 2.5k revs

EdPreece

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SV8
I bought a VS from a bloke at work - nothing fancy - it was only a thousand bucks - it's just something to get me around until I can get a more serious car sorted out.

One problem which is really bugging me is that the accelerator pedal won't go right to the floor. You can push as hard as you can but it just stops about halfway between fully out and the floor, and as a result of this I can't get the engine to rev over 2.5 thousand revs in 3rd or 4th gear.

If you're at a standstill in first, put your foot down and launch, it'll hit about 3 thousand revs, then changes gear, second will hit about 2.75 thousand, and then after that it will drop to 2/2.5 thousand and will just sit there.

Going up a hill sucks! Doing 100km/h's on the flat and then hitting a slight accent - the engine just doesn't rev at all and you drop back to about 80km/h's.

What is the problem here?

Hope you can help,

Ed

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Have u checked every thing out like if there is something stopping the pedal ??? Or if the throttle body has any stupid thing there stoping it from opening right up ???

Maybe some dad didn't want there child goin fast and has put something somewhere to stop the throttle opening up

EdPreece

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SV8
Have u checked every thing out like if there is something stopping the pedal ??? Or if the throttle body has any stupid thing there stoping it from opening right up ???

Maybe some dad didn't want there child goin fast and has put something somewhere to stop the throttle opening up

I had a look, nothing stopping the pedal - Where do I find this throttle body? I'm not very mechanically able lol

raajj_

Reaction score