Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I changed my auto transmission and the starter motor sounds like it's hitting the flex plate

Mick rooster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore
I know what's wrong and my mechanic worked it out no one here

Mick rooster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore
Dumb arse me didn't undo the torque convertor and just thought I could slip it in my mechanic said you got more chance of winning the lottery now I have to pull it all apart again what a goose he said because it's not in the shaft properly it's hitting the ring gear

Mick rooster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore
What a dead set goose now I have to start again lol at my stupid mistake

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Dumb arse me didn't undo the torque convertor and just thought I could slip it in my mechanic said you got more chance of winning the lottery now I have to pull it all apart again what a goose he said because it's not in the shaft properly it's hitting the ring gear
Hope you haven't f__ked the auto pump?

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
I know what's wrong and my mechanic worked it out no one here
Other than providing some informative information
so you didnt engage the tourq converter onto the transmission before bolting to the flex plate and bolted it all together. Well thats a hole new chook shed rooster.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Been there done that. You should fit a new seal as when you don't slip the converter into the trans first before bolting it up, the seal often ends up damaged.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The front seal. Check the trans as well for damage as bolting it without the converter pushed in to the trans can damage things as i found out the hard way.