Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Dont Know Which One To Buy!

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok heres the deal people

Im spending up to $3000 which can get me a nothing to spend stock VR or VS in the Sunshine Coast (Yes its true)

I dont know which one i want to get though - VR??? ........or VS?????

Im looking for some clear get up and go when i give it some
Reasonable fuel economy (3.8 V6 - Unleaded Fuel)
And basic quality extras/interior eg. power windows, basic modern feel
Oh and a great sound - which will be a new exhaust system

And anything else u can think of i might wanna go for i dunno

But im completely stuck on which one to go for - i dont really care much about the age and things like that. Id just like to know the advantages of each model so i can judge which one would suit me. Im on my p's btw

Thanks

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
id go the vs simply based on the fact it has a newer engine and a few more kinks have been worked out from the previous model

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
mate id go the green vr the paint is in great nick the ks aren't to high and hes already done the induction and exhaust all you gotta do is remove the tacky badges hes apparently put on it

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol i was thinking that one as well...but i might keep the hsv sticker lol so i can play my fantasy of owning a hsv once the hsv kit goes on it but seriously... why 308! 185i would of been suitable but come on

Im gonna rip it off with a butter knife in front of him lol

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
i know the saying goes each to their own but the cars clean and its a v6 why bother spending the money on a kit when you could save and buy an 8, honestly mate although your you have these **** p plater rules think about it if you saved every cent you intended on spending on it when you get off your ps youll be able to get a proper hsv, plus as a p plater you will probably kill the thing (im a p plater so i can say that)

also when your at the lights you will get people trying to race your "hsv" and you'll be left in their dust as the saying goes mutton dressed as lamb

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
1. Lot of bits and pieces you dont have to do, (bye bye rear lights) thrashed?? who knows, test drive it.
2. Vacationer, VS ecotech, Turbo700 box had a few less probs in VS(good box allroung but) electrics, but no reg is the only downfall and how bad is the hail damage. Nice stock car to start with.
3. Personal opinion, I just dont like green, crap add ons like HSV badges and spoilers and stuff if they didnt come out on hem, bit tryhard, like I said thats IMO.

sv_trip

Ziggy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Which one is the best out of those 3 based on overall what ur getting for the price????

go the blue vs lower kms n u get a better apreciation by doin it up from a stocker

just my opinion.