Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I don't know?.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
throw a socket on the crank bolt and see if you can turn the engine over manually
if it overheated, maybe it has seized

AL73NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1
throw a socket on the crank bolt and see if you can turn the engine over manually
if it overheated, maybe it has seized
I changed to LED because they look brighter and better to me while I was waiting to buy Manual/Multimeter/Test light/Scan tool/Battery and a socket set, all the tools I ever needed for my bike came with it under the pillion seat.

Saturday I did(with my new socket set)try to rotate the crank bolt, I did manage to undo it but clock wise nadda the engine is SEIZED.

So to try and I do mean try? to get it moving for now what one would be best??????

50/50 mix Acetone/Auto trans fluid.
WD-40.
Diesel.

I did read the post were VC & VIN999 got into it over an engine that was or started about a sized engine but never came to a conclusion. I am well aware I would have to change the engine at so point am looking into it but need to keep Mum happy for now.

AL73NT.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
there is no easy way with an auto
none of the lubes will help, it has most likely welded itself
only way is to dismantle engine
best find a replacement engine

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I did read the post were VC & VIN999 got into it over an engine that was or started about a sized engine but never came to a conclusion. I am well aware I would have to change the engine at so point am looking into it but need to keep Mum happy for now.

AL73NT.

If you are referring to me with this post, VIN999 sold me an engine that smoked worse than a bush fire....It wasn't seized...

The conclusion is, he never replaced it and has since been banned on here, so the only way I'll get my money back or replacement is actually find where he is living......I do suspect he has another account on here but that's as far as I'll go there....

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
NRMA came out again and told me starter motor was no good so changed that still will not start.

It does not turn over just go's "donk" when I turn the key like the engine is sized or starter motor don't have enough power
did nrma mechanic even open their tool box, or were they the tool
you diagnosed it in your first post

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Saturday I did(with my new socket set)try to rotate the crank bolt, I did manage to undo it but clock wise nadda the engine is SEIZED.
Your done. It’s. not going anywhere unless you replace the engine or put it on a flat bed and send it to the wreckers.

If it was me I’d send it to the wreckers and buy a new car. There’s plenty of Commodores on Carsales for $3000 and if you know what’s good for you the best ones to buy will be anything before VZ (not including VZ) as these had the ecotec engine which will run until the heat death of the universe provided they are running properly now.

Next time don’t buy cars with problems. Make sure everything is working properly before you commit to buying it. If it’s working properly when you buy it then it will most likely keep working properly provided you keep proper maintenance up to it. Leave the cars with problems to the people who know exactly how to fix them or are willing to throw money at them to fix them.

I’m guessing your probably not made of money and probably dont have the means to replace the engine yourself so your going to be up for a huge amount of money to get a mechanic to replace the engine. Chalk it up as a learning experience to not buy cars that have issues and next time get a mechanical check done by a suitably qualified mechanic before you purchase the car. And don’t buy other peoples problems.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What l would like to know is how do you undo a crank bolt by turning it to the right? That is tightening the bolt.:confused:
I want to know how a crank bolt can be undone without a 2' bar, or a decent rattle gun?

AL73NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1
I want to know how a crank bolt can be undone without a 2' bar, or a decent rattle gun?
What is a 2 bar? is it some kind of extension on the ratchet handle?, I undid the crank bolt by rocking it back and forth trying to see if I could got any movement and I did it undone.

I thank everyone for your advise and have learned along the way more about cars and will keep learning. I will put this down to learning.

This is not over I WILL NOT BE SELLING IT just hide it from Mum, I don"t have the money right now BUT will get the engine changed. I love my Holden Commodore with all it's faults and the best part it's mine.

To all....I wish you a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year for 2022, I will be back...................