Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I drove VE Today :D

blackahcdx

Reaction score
I just got back from the Drive Day.

FU.CK ME SIDEWAYS!!! THIS IS A FU.CKING AMAZING CAR!!!!!

Forget everything u know about Commodore.

First car i drove was a V6 Statesman. Haven driven the Current WL many times i'm used to driving a car where you are always aware of its size and weight. The WM does not feel like the huge car that it is. The V6 engine is no longer a wheezy breathless harsh sounding piece of sh!t. Its got a good induction growl with a good exhaust note too. The Active Select being in the gear shifter is great. The Suspension was very good as was the Steering. The steering was much much more direct than anything commodore/statesman has ever had.

Next was an Auto SS. WOW! The 6 speed is such a difference to the current 4 speeder behind the V8. Its nice and smooth to shift and both it and the 5 speeder were quick to react to inputs via Active Select. The note on the V8's is just amazing too.

Next was a V6 Calais, which was superb to drive. Like i said, forget everything that you know about commodore.

Also drove and Auto SV6.

Then came the slalom test. This was my opportunity to test the Omega with the 4 speed and also the ESP (although i tested this many times in the other cars going around the track he he he). The upgrades they made to the 4 speed box is nothing short of amazing and the way the car handeled the test is a credit to Holden.

Anyway, i give the car 3 thumbs up (yes i am a freak)

M

Marty's_SV6

U lucky bastard. ha ha
Sounds like you had a great time, can't wait for my first run in the SS.

Cheers

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Man that's so not fair! The only way I can see myself driving a VE in the near (or even distant!) future is to nick one, and that's not gonna happen lol. Were there any faults/dislikes ya found with the cars? I'm hell interested to know if they really are all they're cracked up to be...

blackahcdx

Reaction score
well the cars we drove were piolt build cars and had labels on the dash stating that not all things were production spec.

The finish around the edges of the gear leaver was a bit rough, but everything else was very goood and very un-commodore

Also the plastics and fabrics were great to touch, felt good, soft, not hard

The ESP was great, kept the SS going flat out arou nd most corners at Eastern Creek and the ESP would let the tail come out a little then slowly bring you back in. It wasn't violent or sudden at all and it let you still have fun.

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
You lucky, lucky, lucky bastard.

Any idea on when dealers will have them for the public to drool on?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
blackahcdx said:
well the cars we drove were piolt build cars and had labels on the dash stating that not all things were production spec.

The finish around the edges of the gear leaver was a bit rough, but everything else was very goood and very un-commodore

Also the plastics and fabrics were great to touch, felt good, soft, not hard

The ESP was great, kept the SS going flat out arou nd most corners at Eastern Creek and the ESP would let the tail come out a little then slowly bring you back in. It wasn't violent or sudden at all and it let you still have fun.
Your a holden dealer?

blackahcdx

Reaction score
work for a holden dealer - yes