Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I give up

Tys1991

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vs berlina, Holden vs s ute
Taken me 3hrs to try and get the console of my vs.

I was about to put a sledge hammer through all of my windows but i kept my cool.
any tips ?

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
heres a tip.....

Buy some spare glass for when you lose your cool.

Seriously though search the "how to" section, theres bound to be a helpful thread in there.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
what exactly are you trying to remove? the whole centre console with the centre glove box...handbrake..gear selector???

Tys1991

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
im trying to take the facia off so i can pull my deck out and install my amp !

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
pull out your front ash tray, pull up the cover, undo the 3 screws. open your glove box undo the 3 screws pull down your fuse cover undo the 3 screws, ut ur fingers in the opening under your headunit and pull that out, then open ur centre console and undo the nuts, think there 10 or 12mm. pull it up and towards the back once it is back pull the radio surround off and lift the console out, after u unzip the handbrake boot

Tys1991

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks dude

that should do it

Tys1991

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
pull out your front ash tray, pull up the cover, undo the 3 screws. open your glove box undo the 3 screws pull down your fuse cover undo the 3 screws, ut ur fingers in the opening under your headunit and pull that out, then open ur centre console and undo the nuts, think there 10 or 12mm. pull it up and towards the back once it is back pull the radio surround off and lift the console out, after u unzip the handbrake boot

the ashtray is out but, its hard to lift the cover up......... like the cover around the gear shifter

N_Mitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Don't try to pull up the shiny plastic cover, but the whole console. With my VR I lifted it up from the very back with my left hand (after taking out the screws in the bottom of the console), stabalised it with my right hand and gently pulled it backwards - I didn't have to use much force at all.

Make sure you have the gear in neutral and unzip the leather brake surround - allows it to slide backwards easier. Also, I didn't have to unplug anything.

Regards,

Mitch

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
dont expect him to reply for about 12 hours LOL