Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Got a Samsung S5

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
so got a the new Samsung Galaxy S5 on sunday and absolutely loving it.

just wondering if people can recommend me on tips and tricks or even good apps to have.

another question. how can i stop receiving low quality pics sent/recieved pictures. and get the proper high res

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Depends what you want to do with it pal.

When you ask how do you stop receiving low quality pics? Are these MMS/Email? if they're MMS I would presume they're upto the sender/senders phone resolution?

S5 is kick ass by the way, big fan.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Critical question; does it fit in a sammich bag?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
MMS as far as i know is network dependant and will only allow up to 300kb in size max.
Based on assumption if that what you meant as original post isnt clear as to what you are referring to.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Get rid of TouchWiz - it's crap! Replace it with something like Apex Launcher.
I also think the standard messaging app is average at best. Chomp is (imo) one of the best messaging apps and I can send MMS up to 1Mb.
Another good app is myUsage - the widgets are handy and keep track of pretty much anything you can think of; call and data usage for your phone, tablet, home internet, eTags, Myki, frequent flyer points, etc etc etc.
Obviously all the usual Google goodies are very good. Chrome, Drive, Remote Desktop etc. Makes everything seamless between home office, work office and mobile devices.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I was looking at changing from my Iphone5 to an S5 but while playing with a friends S4 it seemed to be quite slow to respond and load things like web pages and move from one app to another.

Does the S5 fix this or do I just wait for the Iphone6?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I was looking at changing from my Iphone5 to an S5 but while playing with a friends S4 it seemed to be quite slow to respond and load things like web pages and move from one app to another.

I have an S4. It's much faster than my GF's iPhone 5S. Not sure what was wrong with your friend's S4 but they're not slow by any stretch of the imagination.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II

Does the S5 fix this or do I just wait for the Iphone6?

Wait for iPhone 6, I've had a couple of androids and they just aren't as responsive as iPhone.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline