Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Got a Samsung S5

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
one problem i am having is apparently people with iphones are sending me msgs and im not receiving them on my galaxy.

i thought by switching off imessage on my phone it would automatically redirect it to new phone. but it hasnt.

anyone know the fix?

Common problem. You can de-register for iMessage by logging into your Apple account online. Turning it off on your iPhone SHOULD work but if you turned it off straight away it might not have registered (de-registered).

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
dense? how in any way was i meant to know id have this problem?

i had already switched all the options in my messages on iphone OFF.

it wasnt until hama emailed me today and told me he sent me a pic last night which i never received.

it doesnt bounce back on his end, i dont recieved **** so both parties are unaware.

Have to turn all the imessage stuff off and unlink it from your email accounts etc

What If I No Longer Have My iPhone?

If you decided to switch from an iPhone to some other brand of phone and you are not receiving text messages from iPhone users, it is likely you didn’t sign out of iMessage before you made the switch. In this situation, the messages from iPhone users are still being sent as iMessages, and you can only receive iMessages on an Apple device.

To resolve the issue, go to https://appleid.apple.com and change your Apple ID password as described above. You should then start receiving SMS text messages from iPhone users on your new phone.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
One of the reasons I don't like Apple products.

Even when you don't use them any more they still #### with you.

Like iTunes for instance. I have never had a program that is so impossible to uninstall from Windows. But that is a whole new topic.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
dense? how in any way was i meant to know id have this problem?

i had already switched all the options in my messages on iphone OFF.

it wasnt until hama emailed me today and told me he sent me a pic last night which i never received.

it doesnt bounce back on his end, i dont recieved **** so both parties are unaware.

not you mate don't get all defensive - the inoobs who think you'll imessage forever - it's kind of like people still sending you an ICQ message and expecting you to answer - uh oh, no ICQ anymores!

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
To be honest the imessage thing is actually the only issue I have had with any of my Iphones.

That and big screen envy!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
To be honest the imessage thing is actually the only issue I have had with any of my Iphones.

That and big screen envy!

My friends had a Apple account that was using her ex's email account, little did she know that all her messages to and from her new boyfriend who uses an iPhone (some quiet raunchy apparently) were all popping up on her ex's iPad.

WTF iMessages. Nice way for Apple to intercept all her messages.

kyled2012

I.T. Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
not you mate don't get all defensive - the inoobs who think you'll imessage forever - it's kind of like people still sending you an ICQ message and expecting you to answer - uh oh, no ICQ anymores!

Dunno if you've used an iPhone with iMessage enabled before, but by default the phone will send iMessages in place of SMS, it isn't a user choice. To send SMS instead is a user decision.

The issue is on Apple's part, not on the people who may not even be aware of the issue.

My friends had a Apple account that was using her ex's email account, little did she know that all her messages to and from her new boyfriend who uses an iPhone (some quiet raunchy apparently) were all popping up on her ex's iPad.

WTF iMessages. Nice way for Apple to intercept all her messages.

I see this so often at work it's unreal. This is exactly why people should have never shared Apple ID's in the first place. It's just like sharing a computer, or almost any technology, it will always cause a problem haha.

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Dunno if you've used an iPhone with iMessage enabled before, but by default the phone will send iMessages in place of SMS, it isn't a user choice. To send SMS instead is a user decision.

The issue is on Apple's part, not on the people who may not even be aware of the issue.

hehe, yeah just a couple I manage a national fleet of the things.

yes inoobs rarely think when they hit send. It should be a bit clearer much like how in Hangouts you can see very easily that you are sending a Hangouts message not an SMS. :D

kyled2012

I.T. Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
hehe, yeah just a couple I manage a national fleet of the things.

yes inoobs rarely think when they hit send. It should be a bit clearer much like how in Hangouts you can see very easily that you are sending a Hangouts message not an SMS. :D

It is pretty clear since the colour of the message bubbles changes, but not clear enough for some people who want to pay as little attention as possible :rofl2:

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
very good question jest

- Scrollin option work: Check
- Echoing sound to simulate sloot is gaggin infront of you: Check
- Splash proof from accidental cum shots : Check
- Splash proof from when your watchin a bukkake and your kinda scared like one day jizz is gunna cum thru your screen and hit you: Check
- Phone smells like a sammich after the fact: Check

i made my boss take a picture while at work lol

20140709_101212_zps9298d81d.jpg

i had the Xperia X10 and i could not fault the phone. it copt so much punishment and the only drama i had was battery life towards the end had it close 4 years before going to the iphone 5.

not having a dig but iphones are junk. and ill stand by that claim. within my 20 of my 24 month contract i had 3 iphones. all replaced by apple on the spot because they are junk.

im sorry but if you have a phone that has 900 songs on it, and you go to upload a new ring tone to it, and it causes itunes to delete ALL your music then theres something seriously wrong with itunes and its 'user friendliness'

i mean to have a after market ring tone on a iphone is the biggest fkn mission. anyone that says iphones are more user friendly are full of ****. my samsung i drag and dropped and boom new ringtone on there.

if you call not being able to mod the phone like being able set things like data usage or the local weather on your front page then yeah, they are user friendly. cause you cant do **** to them.

but its like technical problems. you have to book a week in advance to see someone at apple. i mean you cant even walk in off the street that day because they have that many people coming in with returns. its fkn pathetic.

its like last night my little sister went to do an update. phone cracked that **** and she called apple and they are like yeah you need to do a factory reset. seriously?!

i have had an iphone, and if people love them then thats fine. i wont try and change their decision. im VERY happy with my samsung.

Oh this is still amazing hahaha..