Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I got hit by a police car yesterday

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Thats f***d up..

Go to the Epping copshop and have a whinge mate.. I would follow it up right to the end if I were you..

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
U know, legally speaking any emergency vehicle is not allowed to break the road rules. So this means running red lights etc any road rule for that matter.
Regardless of flashing lights or not. I'd be chasing it up. Go and inspect the local cop cares. One of thems bound to have a little of ur cars paint on it.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I agree with all that has been said so far. They would know which patrol car it was, don't be blown off by their bullshit. This is what they hope will happen, that Joe Public will just say 'ok' and wander off. Push it to the top if you need to. Drag the media in if need be. Don't let them rule the road, they have no right to hit your car and pretend it didn't happen.

C.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
you probably spoke to the copper that was driving the car;)

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
U know, legally speaking any emergency vehicle is not allowed to break the road rules. So this means running red lights etc any road rule for that matter.
Regardless of flashing lights or not.

Dont think your quite right there.... Im pretty sure any emergency vechile, cops, fireys or ambos, have right of way when thier lights are on and they have a siren going.

But yeah that sucks s0sage, try and get something done, but dont take them to the cleaners. They keep us safe after all.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Put in a report. I did this one time when an unmarked car cut me off around a corner with no lights on. I followed him and stopped where he had pulled up, went up to him and asked why he cut me off. He said he could do as he liked because he was on hoon patrol. So I went to the police station and put a report in. They said they were coming all the way from Brisbane just to book people and that they didnt really like them there either. Before I put the complaint in they were there all the time and after that I didnt see them for ages.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
Whilst your at the cop shop ( ill assume they would be local )
ask to see any marked ss patrol cars they have, it would be sure to
have your paint on it or some damage mabey.....

if it is anything like the NT, it would have been fixed by now.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
dunno if this helps at all.. but if ambos cops etc run reds, speed etc, they have 2 file an objection as 2 why they were doing what they were doing.. they get speeding fines etc just like the rest of us!
so if one of thems been in an accident, im guessing its bound 2 have been written up and filed somewhere...

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Better get a lawyer son,your gonna need a real good one.