Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I got hit by a police car yesterday

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Dont think your quite right there.... Im pretty sure any emergency vechile, cops, fireys or ambos, have right of way when thier lights are on and they have a siren going.

Not bein a smart arse, but we got told by our Captain (Firey) that it was Illegal. . . . . I think its more just a general rule of thumb.

But still he should've been looking b4 he pulled out like that anyway. . . .

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol, how can he take it further? He DOES NOT know the rego, makes it hard for anyone to do anything, if someone hit my car i sure as hell would get the rego.

Good luck with it all, but like an accident where you don't see the car you will have to fork out to have it fixed.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
well its kinda hard to take a rego down off a speeding cop car haha

but as a follow up to al lof this .. i went into the local cop shop (figured the car was probably a local) and said someone might've hit me blah blah blah ..

the staff constable was a hell of a lot more helpful than the other prick i spoke to and said they'd have the duty person check every car at the stations quarter panel as they came off patrol and we'd find the car that way.

said he'd get back to me tonight or tomorrow...

lets see aye?

already been to the wreckers and got another mirror cost me $30 so i reckon they'll fix me up for it.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
and just a bit of FYI ..

pretty sure theres only 1 car in this country that can legally run a red light ..

its not a cop, fire, ambulance, government car.. not even the PM.

the queens royal mail courier.. hahah the one and only.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Not bein a smart arse, but we got told by our Captain (Firey) that it was Illegal. . . . . .

100% correct, emergeny services used to be able to do it, but since some bimbo had her music to loud and got collected by a fire truck they are no-longer aloud to do it, unless everyone has come to a stop and you know it is safe to go through the intersection.

so to all those who play their music to bloody loud, i hope you need them one day and they get stuck at all lights...turn the **** down!

anyway hope all works out well for ya...jees the cops arn't becoming to popular these days are they, i mean basicially everywhere i go for fun and business im finding alot of people are loosing respect for them, one quote i hear alot is "the only thing you can count on a cop to do for ya, is the wrong thing by ya"

anyway had my rant:ranting:

VLCrewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB\VL Crewman
Umm, it must be different in Qld and Nsw, but I know for a fact in Vic that it is completely legal to run a red in an emergency vehicle, providing you assess the intersection before you go thru. That doesn't mean you have to stop, but you need to make sure people have seen you! I've just a refresher course on all this to keep my Code 1 driver status in the fire brigade.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Dont think your quite right there.... Im pretty sure any emergency vechile, cops, fireys or ambos, have right of way when thier lights are on and they have a siren going.

But yeah that sucks s0sage, try and get something done, but dont take them to the cleaners. They keep us safe after all.

Here in saa cops are allowed to run red lights etc if its JUSTIFIED, and they have to have there lights on when they do so.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
How much damage? have you got a quote or anything or an estimate? I suggets you at least talk to a lawyer and find out if it is worth fighting for. The lawyer would know how hard it would be to get the po po's to pay for it. If it would be too hard just let it slide. Thats bad luck man I feel sorry for you.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Not bein a smart arse, but we got told by our Captain (Firey) that it was Illegal. . . . . I think its more just a general rule of thumb.

But still he should've been looking b4 he pulled out like that anyway. . . .

Are you sure about that? Just two weeks ago I saw an ambo run a red light, of course the lights and sirens were going and they crawled through it, but they did.

A month or two ago I saw a Mica Paramedic in a VY Commo, run a red light with lights flashing.

I knew a firey and he said they could break pretty much any road rule they wanted, but not construction zones and they still had to give way to pedestrians, but anything else (within reason) was all good..

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
How much damage? have you got a quote or anything or an estimate? I suggets you at least talk to a lawyer and find out if it is worth fighting for. The lawyer would know how hard it would be to get the po po's to pay for it. If it would be too hard just let it slide. Thats bad luck man I feel sorry for you.

i suggest you read the thread. $30 for a mirror from the wreckers.