Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I got hit by a police car yesterday

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
driving down kingsway, its a single lane each way road, a copper was sittin behind me and turned his flashies on and pulled to the middle of the road.

i moved over to the gutter as far as i could, but the car on the otherside (i can only assume it was an asian female p-plater to not NOTICE A POLICE CAR WINDING UP DOWN THE CENTRE OF THE ROAD) failed to notice them and move.

the copper jagged back onto my side of the road when he saw that the other car was not going to move over at all, and the back end of his ss hit and smashed my mirror.

it must've been somethin urgent, or he didnt notice or something, because he just scooted off and dissapeared into the distance sirens blaring.

i rang the cop shop, and because i didnt get a vehicle rego, or a officers name, and the best i could do was "marked car with 2 guys in it" they said "sorry champ nothing we can do, just make sure you move out of the way when they come past next time hey?"
any further i would've hit a damn tree.
:ranting:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
What a load of crap. I am sure that knowing the time it happened & the area they will have some idea of who it was. I would take it much further.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Bullshit, go in and talk to them personally.

There is no way I'd let that slide. Tell them what happened and why they hit you. Where it happened and what time it was.

Thats absolute bullshit

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Whilst your at the cop shop ( ill assume they would be local )
ask to see any marked ss patrol cars they have, it would be sure to
have your paint on it or some damage mabey.....

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
If the police officers had their sirens on, they had responded to a call. If this is the case, they would have replied through the VKG, and it would have been logged that they were in pursuit, and the area they were replying from.

Go to the local cop shop and talk to the officer in charge. If they claim they can't help then go to the ombudsperson and get them to take the matter up on your behalf.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Yeah mate that's f****d because he esentially left the scene of an accident. My old man's an ambulance driver and he saves lives and even he has to pull up if he's in an accident. Follow it up be polite but be firm cause that;s bulls***

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
to me it sounds like another cop trying to get out of it because they think they can do what ever they want *rollseyes* im not saying all are like that but some of them are. anyways i dont know much about this but what they people avoce said sounds right, i like SSZ's idea of checking there cop car:D... dat would really screw em haha anyway i hope your car gets fixed m8..