Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I got lucky vx v6

Ashley Sullivan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx exec l67 super charged
I just purchased a supercharged series 1 vx executive, can anybody tell me how many were made, I have only found about half a dozen for sale in Australia, I have not driven it yet, I pick it up next week.
I am a massive fan of the holden v6, I was a ford driver all my life until I reluctantly bought a s pack vg ute, changed my life, then vt ex cop and it was bloody insane, then a plan vt wagon but I am extremely excited about this L67, it has low 200,000 kms, not a scratch.
Can anyone tell me what to expect from this, its auto, interia is good I cant fault it, even though I have not driven it yet but I imagine it will be sick, this ones a keeper.
Are they rare and will they be an Australian classic muscle car one day?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Not really rare and I'm sorry to say no V6's, supercharged or not, will be a muscle car.
That.....I'm afraid to say, is reserved for V8's. And only a select few at that.

Good luck with your car and I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not rare unfortunately but good clean examples are getting harder to find.

Ashley Sullivan

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm happy with it, I've beaten 8s in a Buick motor, but these days I'm not racing I'm just happy that, not even the most ardent 8 fans, and im an 8 fan, would disagree that the 3.8 is a great motor, would not put one in a statesman but a really good touring motor and to have the charger on top is just the cream for me. It's in great nic no one can deny it will hammer so I'm happy, I like all good cars, I respect eeryones opinion but this will be a rareish car, it's a keeper for me. Thanks for your comment.

Ashley Sullivan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not rare unfortunately but good clean examples are getting harder to find.
So what models and series came out with the super charged 6, I was led to believe it was just the vx but it seems I was misled, I had trouble finding many examples for sale on the sales sites, is there anything else you can tell me about it? I would be grateful.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The Super6 motor first came out in the VS and was available right through to VY. The came predominately in the Commodore S and Calais models (as far as I know) but the thing with Holden is that you could option any motor with any spec (except a manual behind a super6) which is how your Exec with L67 came to be.

Don't get me wrong, I like the L67, it's fairly underrated little motor but it came rather conservative from the factory. With a few minor upgrades they go really well.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Only 475 Monaro CV6s built, if you are after rarity. Don't know about muscle car, but classic.

Ashley Sullivan

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Super6 motor first came out in the VS and was available right through to VY. The came predominately in the Commodore S and Calais models (as far as I know) but the thing with Holden is that you could option any motor with any spec (except a manual behind a super6) which is how your Exec with L67 came to be.

Don't get me wrong, I like the L67, it's fairly underrated little motor but it came rather conservative from the factory. With a few minor upgrades they go really well.

Ashley Sullivan

Reaction score
Members Ride
this is what i plan to do, can it be done with genuine holden parts?