Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i have super charger plans but what to do????

dinkum87

Holden for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0 MANUAL
hi i have a vs and plan to super charge it i have replaced every thing on this moter power sterrin air con water pump alternator starter moter you no every thing and a new stronger gear box but its jsut and exutive if i put all this on would it be to much for the pure old runnning gear and every thing or am i better finding a write off vt or watever newest model i can do a full super charged moter and running gear conversion all comments are wonted

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
firstly what supercharger and how many kms on ur engine

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
if your thinking of using the Eaton M90 (The super 6's run these on the L67) then it could get a tad tricky.

You will need the following things to get the setup to work for your ecotec.

An LS1 or L67 MAF sensor

Bigger injectors, if you can get te stock L67 ones thats a good start, worst case go the magna cream tops and keep the boost low.

A higher flowing fuel pump.

A bigger then stock exhaust system, bare minimum go a 2 1/2 inch cat back.

A tune to suit.

What supercharger areyou going to use? an SC14 an Eaton? another?

At least you have come to the right place, everything you could ever want to know is on this website, if it isn't in these forums, someone will have posted a link.

I'm currently doing a supercharger conversion/upgrade.

I have sourced all of the above parts, plus a corvette servo, a trans cooler and some MSD coils, i'll be using an OPCON supercharger but basically verything is ready to go in, once the great and might greenfoam getsd back to me about my tune that is.

dinkum87

Holden for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0 MANUAL
yea i got a stock vs but exhaust is done and gear box strengthed casue i blew it got i new 1 but its standard running gear and 3.8 eco tec im mainly wondering do i get a kit super charger for my VS or would that be to much for the old running get and engine or should i just get a smashed VT supercharged factory and do a hole coversion with the running gear engine and that one time

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Dinkum

How dead or alive is the motor in your car right now? Sick, half alive or going like a new one??

LUKE SKY WALKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS STATESMAN
superchager

hi guys im new and i want to know about v6 L67 supercharge engine conversion in a VS 98 statsman v6 ecotec, i was wondering how hard it was to do this conversion is it just straight bolt in or alot of ball breaking, and also wanted to know are the engine mounts the same and same hight and wideness of the engine the same as the stock v6 ecotec, i know i have to change the wiring loom and i think the computer is there anything else, like do i have to change the trans or is it ok if i leave the old one?
I would appreciate all the infomation i can get

Donka

Reaction score
hi guys im new and i want to know about v6 L67 supercharge engine conversion in a VS 98 statsman v6 ecotec, i was wondering how hard it was to do this conversion is it just straight bolt in or alot of ball breaking, and also wanted to know are the engine mounts the same and same hight and wideness of the engine the same as the stock v6 ecotec, i know i have to change the wiring loom and i think the computer is there anything else, like do i have to change the trans or is it ok if i leave the old one?
I would appreciate all the infomation i can get

Mate, If you want to know anything about the L67 your better off going to www.l67torque.com • Index page

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
Just did a L67 Conversion in a 95 Vs Exec Piece of piss bolts in perfect just need to change the loom and ecu