Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I just want the fan on

Frog201

Reaction score
Hi all

I bought a 2014 vf sv6 and The climate control always automatically turns on the ac or heater on.

How do I just get the outside temp with the fan on only??

Its seems it ways heating or cooling the air.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
if you are setting a temperature then the climate control will attempt to set that with the ac - if not turn the ac off and the fan at a speed.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If you set the temp to the lowest setting ("LO"?) and then turn the aircon off, it can't be cooling so it'll just be blowing outside air in.

SydneyGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6
Just press the AC button. That will turn it off and you'll just get the fan. Note that it will still heat in winter when set like this if it detects the temperature is lower than what you have it set to. It will try to cool in summer but won't do a lot with just the fan.

That is how I have mine set. The only time I ever use the air-con is for demisting in wet weather.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
The only time I ever use the air-con is for demisting in wet weather.

There is a downside to not running the a/c occasionally, and that is the seals will dry out, allowing gas to escape. Unlike a large home a/c unit, which can be turned off for 6 months or so, the smaller car unit should be run at least once a month to avoid loss of gas pressure.

Karlster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
If you look at the manual it will give you instructions on how to custom set the climate control to your individual requirements when a certain fob is used to start the ignition (you should have two). From your query it appears that A/C is pre-set to turn on when the engine is started. Climate control works correctly with air con activated otherwise, it doesn't work as expected.