Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I miss my SS

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
New nugget

Peugeot 108

1L engine

It's horrible. Struggles uphill

The 1.6lT in the 308 was oright, got mine up passed 180km/h when I went to Europe last year.

Did you rent the tiny eco class cars? I always have a rule to rent at least med size class cars so less chance of getting complete gutless eco boxes, except that one time I got given a Mitsubishi SUV thing with horride CVT, never in my life did I wish for a Camry instead.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Don't you hate it when you rent something that's a bit fun like a n/a 3cyl Polo, and you get "upgraded" to some POS SUV?
"You've had a free upgrade to a RAV4, sir!"
"That's not really an upgrade … can I get something maybe with a wheel missing & no engine instead?"

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I read the title of this thread and thought, "I didn't know he sold the SS". So glad to hear I was wrong. Now we just need to convince you of a few mods to make your LS3 sing better. Maybe wait a few thousand kms to make sure it's a sturdy engine before modding it. Come on, you know you want to.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Don't you hate it when you rent something that's a bit fun like a n/a 3cyl Polo, and you get "upgraded" to some POS SUV?
"That's not really an upgrade … can I get something maybe with a wheel missing & no engine instead?"
It appeals to the notion of I got a free upgrade Im special.

Although I got lucky/unlucky one time. Had a nice handling mazda 3 that had no room for 2 suitcases. Blew a tyre within an hour, got upgraded to a grand cherokee, perfect for a 3k mile trip. Just before we drove out the dude ran out saying its got a major issue and supposed to be off the lot (cheep) so got an outlander which was spacious but not fun. Same trip got a focus with lubricate in the centre console cant remember what small car they swapped it with.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ Grand Cherokee wouldn't work for me, I get seasick.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Once I got upgraded from a VE Commodore wagon to a Captiva....

Had the RAV4 rental too.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
After that horrible Mitsubishi CVT NA 2L gutless FWD eco SUV saga, I always tell them on the phone when renting that I want a sedan/hatch/wagon and don't "downgrade" me to a SUV.

Now I usually always rent Golfs/Jettas from Europcar, put the DSG in manual, redline the gears while making Lambo engine sounds in my head...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
The 1.6lT in the 308 was oright, got mine up passed 180km/h when I went to Europe last year.

Did you rent the tiny eco class cars? I always have a rule to rent at least med size class cars so less chance of getting complete gutless eco boxes, except that one time I got given a Mitsubishi SUV thing with horride CVT, never in my life did I wish for a Camry instead.

I left car rental for last minute so they give me whatever is available in with auto.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
After that horrible Mitsubishi CVT NA 2L gutless FWD eco SUV saga
"eco"? No SUV is "eco", they're slower & poorer-handling & more-dangerous & guzzle more fuel than a wagon made on the same platform would be. SUV's are anti-eco!! Operating an SUV (you don't drive them you operate them), one doesn't measure fuel usage (because it's too high) or speed (because it's too low given you're sitting in the right lane while operating it), you measure the BSC Count (Baby Seals Clubbed).