Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I nearly cried....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
fail_thread.jpg

Hahahaha, my thoughts exactly:yeah:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
"Today 05:19 PM
daron would have thought the race stripes and rice lights would have been worse than having a trailer attached"

are you serious? thats a gto le coupe, they came with the stripes from the factory! they are actually painted on!! look very very nice, and not over-done. you could get them in black with gold stripes as seen, red with white stripes or i beleive yellow with black stripes was the last option.

also, i beleive that may be my father's old car? if it was gto le build no 001 then thats my old boy's old car. he bought it off hsv once they had finished using it, apparantely the head of hsv had it as a personal car.

as for the towbar, i can understand the op's frustration, as that is a very very rare car. but its not doing any damage to the car, and can easily be removed later. for a towbar you don't even have to cut the wiring with the genuine holden harness. its not as if he tubbed the rear, and cut a hole in the bonnet for a supercharger, and put a roll cage in for racing

as for minux driving his senator down a 4wd track, if it was a rough serious 4wd track you would have to be a tosser. do you still have the bodykit left on your car? if it was only a bit of mud and water, and could be crossed with no damage i understand, although with it being such a rare car also, and none on the market for sale i still wouldn't do it.

either way, i don't beleive there's anything wrong with what that guy is doing to his gto, but each to they're own, and everyone is entitled to they're own opinion

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
oh jees, this is gunna hurt, damm its only a tow bar,

he own it, you dont, he can do whatever he wants, clearly he needs it for a purpose,

DSC00990.jpg

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
as for minux driving his senator down a 4wd track, if it was a rough serious 4wd track you would have to be a tosser. do you still have the bodykit left on your car? if it was only a bit of mud and water, and could be crossed with no damage i understand, although with it being such a rare car also, and none on the market for sale i still wouldn't do it.

Ah trust me, it was a "good" track. I had no other option, was either reverse out losing my rear bar or keep driving and hoping for the best. It is possible to drive cars over rough terrain without damaging them. Its not like i was doing 140 down the road. Although the 30 metre drop I almost went over was pretty hairy.

New Hilux coming my way thats for sure

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Ah trust me, it was a "good" track. I had no other option, was either reverse out losing my rear bar or keep driving and hoping for the best. It is possible to drive cars over rough terrain without damaging them. Its not like i was doing 140 down the road. Although the 30 metre drop I almost went over was pretty hairy.

New Hilux coming my way thats for sure

bit of food for thought, dont focus on a hilux, they aint that great anymore, my pick would be an isuzu d-max or a bt-50 if your going luxo spec,

triton is last on the list, they are absolutely woeful, but honestly, we are having so many small niggling issues with the hilux, they dont deserve the hilux name, its a disgrace compared to the prevo model:thumbsup:

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
also, i beleive that may be my father's old car? if it was gto le build no 001 then thats my old boy's old car. he bought it off hsv once they had finished using it, apparantely the head of hsv had it as a personal car.

Yawn.

for a towbar you don't even have to cut the wiring with the genuine holden harness. its not as if he tubbed the rear, and cut a hole in the bonnet for a supercharger, and put a roll cage in for racing

And what the hell would be wrong with that?
"Holy jeebus! it's a monaro with stripes and special tags"
See my response above.

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Towbars are a very useful item.....had them on most of the cars,lookin for a genuine hsv one for the clubby if anyone has one in the shed....

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
"also, i beleive that may be my father's old car? if it was gto le build no 001 then thats my old boy's old car. he bought it off hsv once they had finished using it, apparantely the head of hsv had it as a personal car.

once again, any pics or just talk?

to OP - Personally i'm not seeing much wrong there, but then again my uncle tows his boat along off road tracks with his mercedes...

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
PMSL @ genuine HSV towbar....

Must suck to be the engineers stuck in the HSV towbar division lol

Sorry, i've had my laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.