Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I nearly cried....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yawn.

"Holy jeebus! it's a monaro with stripes and special tags"
See my response above.

/\/\/\ This is what I said actually.
Never said 'crappy', just implied it was not very exciting, hence the 'yawn'.

as for it being a "crappy monaro with special stripes" and whatever dribble that fella said, i'm sure if you owned it you would have a different opinion. it seems in general people say "oh clubsport or whatever, thats **** all" until they get one themselves and they're immeadiately the best car on australian roads. lets just say we weren't ashamed to own it.

Never said you should be 'ashamed' to own it, either, don't know where that came from.

i spoke about the car because people had problems understanding what was wrong with it towing. i can understand why the op didn't like it towing. doesn't phase me at all.

why did i get upset? because any time i say anything on here lately, some wanker demands pics and try's to make an idiot of me! i've ignored it the last few times, this time i will not. pics are on the phone, have one of the bootlid even where the build number is painted in gold, same as the stripes are.

someone hurry up and offer to host my pics

So is the build number painted on the boot from factory?
And hosting your pics means handing out my phone number to an angry little man? no thanks.
As i said before, i don't really care, but your reactions are funny.

Back to topic, i used to tow a boat with my VG ute, because of the monocoque chassis, used to be able to physically feel the flex on the body, so while admire people towing with monaros and whatever, they're probably not the best for it.
On a lighter note, i've seen this:

Tow car brings show car on trailer to event, owner gets carried away, goes and skids tow car on pad, blows it up. SHOW car then ends up towing tow car on trailer all the way home.
Now THAT, I respect.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
Back to topic, i used to tow a boat with my VG ute, because of the monocoque chassis, used to be able to physically feel the flex on the body, so while admire people towing with monaros and whatever, they're probably not the best for it

no one is trying to claim they are the best, but its a small box trailer, hardly weigh anything compared to a boat.

as far as im concerned it wouldnt be any different to towing with a vz sedan or ute, they seem to handle it fine

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
no one is trying to claim they are the best, but its a small box trailer, hardly weigh anything compared to a boat.

as far as im concerned it wouldnt be any different to towing with a vz sedan or ute, they seem to handle it fine

I know that nobody is saying they are the best for towing, I was using it more as a figure of speech basing it on my experience lol

If anything, the later models will be better than my VG and earlier as materials got better and floorpan technology was developed :p

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
no, i dont. didn't know i had to photograph my stuff, or my father's, and publically display it so justcommodores forum's could asertain it's true?

go **** yourself you arrogant little ****, i have an invoice for that vehicle. come to my ****ing work and i'll ****ing show you. cut out your half arsed arrogant comments.

actually, i may have a photo on my old nokia flip phone, i will check it out tommorrow, and get back to you. my photo on my old phone was on the company tow truck, would that be proof enough?

i don't talk ****.... you want me to back it up i will go to the end of the world to do so. sick of this bullshit on here.

watch this space.... i'll be doing my best to get the pics off that phone.

LOLOLOL@Flip out. This is why i love these forums - so many people ready to bite.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Back to topic, i used to tow a boat with my VG ute, because of the monocoque chassis, used to be able to physically feel the flex on the body, so while admire people towing with monaros and whatever, they're probably not the best for it.
On a lighter note, i've seen this:

haha, the monaro chassis would be 10x stronger than an old vg ute, when i jacked my old vs wagon up under the door sill, you could hardly open 2 of the doors depending where you jacked it, talk about epic fail of body flex

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
bit of food for thought, dont focus on a hilux, they aint that great anymore, my pick would be an isuzu d-max or a bt-50 if your going luxo spec,

triton is last on the list, they are absolutely woeful, but honestly, we are having so many small niggling issues with the hilux, they dont deserve the hilux name, its a disgrace compared to the prevo model:thumbsup:

Mate, seriously, do NOT buy a hilux. My brother has a new one and it is the biggest piece of **** ever. He has so far had 3 clutches in it, plus it now has developed a nasty tapping noise in the motor. It is also full of rattles and has practically no paintwork on the body.
The ute is 10 months old and done under 40000 kays in that time. If you're set on buying one, get an auto. They aren't having the trouble the manuals are having. We know of heaps around our area having the same clutch issues.

lol at my post earlier, havnt heard of clutch problems although we have replaced one with 120,000km on it, it was warn but,

the things i can think of that ive sent back for warrenty in the last year,

- 2x miss in the motor - diesel - probably the knock you speak of
- wheel bearings
- cracked wheels
- seat base fell apart
- water pumps
- transfer case output shaft seals
- rust in chassis (seem to rust real easy, poor cleaning after importing?)

thats what comes to my mind

they dont deserve the hilux name

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
If you pasted a picture of an excel towing i would laugh.....

I've only ever seen one excel towing ever! Was only a small trailer. But no pics :( Was out the country [just past Myrtleford] when i was younger.

So, you'll have to settle with this picture!

0703_ec_01z+volkswagen_touareg_v10_TDI+towing.jpg

I wonder if that will make anyone cry LOL

There are places that sell tow bars for excels, no idea why, can't exactly be a popular item!

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
This could get waaaaaay off topic, but i think what is more ridiculous than a monaro with a little box trailer behind it are these people who buy the x-trails and ravs and put these whopping great caravans behind them and drag their arse around the country.

I see them come through town sometimes and i just laugh.
their argument is probably "but they're more economical".....than what? a car that is built for that and won't drag it's dot around like a dog scratching its arse on the carpet?

End rant.

Oh, by the way, the ingine in that toureg above:

Volkswagen 5.0-litre Diesel V10

The vee 10-cylinder engine has a 5.0-litre (4921cc) capacity and takes advantage of direct injection for a cleaner burn and more power.

The engine block is constructed from cast-iron and packs 2-valves per cylinder for a total of 20 valves, actuated by single overhead camshafts (per cylinder bank).

The twin turbocharged diesel engine has an 18.0:1 compression ratio and makes use of an air-to-air intercooler, as well as a big 100 litre fuel tank.

Max Power: 230kW @ 4000rpm
Max Torque: 750Nm @ 2000rpm

0-100km/h: 7.8 seconds
Top Speed: 225km/h

Big torque, this is the V8 twin turbo cruiser:

4.5L V8 Twin Turbo Diesel
195kW of power/650 Nm Torque

for a lot less dollars and i imagine the parts may be a little cheaper too.

Don't know why i put that up, just bored i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.