Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need an Amp 4 my Subs!!! Help me Please!!

B

boxhead

Hey.
I recently got my hands on a set of 2 Kicker 12" Comp VR 300watt series subs from Ebay,
Brand new and for only $300. That is a bargain in my books because they retail for $209 each.
The only problem now is I cant decide on an amp to power them. I have seen the Jaycar 800 watt monoblock amp, and for the price, $390 it is alot cheaper than big brand name amps with the same power. Does anyone have any experience with Jaycar amps?
I have also seen Boss amps with huge power claims, for very little money.
What size amp should I run for these subs?
I don't realy want to spend a fortune on an amp so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Is 300watts max or RMS?? Are they a 2 Ohm or 4 Ohm sub?? Need to know this to work out if they are gonna be wired in series or parellel, and then work out what amp will suit...........
AirStrike :air:

B

boxhead

In the manual it says that the power handling watts is 400rms/800peak. They are a 2 or 4 ohm sub. I dont realy know alot about this kind of stuff so I dont know about wiring in series or parellel.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I can sing nothing but Praise for Jaycar/Response amplifiers and speakers. Hell! I've even been part of a JAYCAR SPL team before....Great gear, even better prices....All my cars are decked out with Jaycar/Response gear. It's great!

No, I don't work for them. I used to work for the opposition for awhile though:)

W

white_vr_wagon

After sorting through my junk mail i noticed strathfield has JBL monoblock amps claiming fairly high power outputs. These amps are very competitively priced for decent brand mono amps

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Well do you want an amp per sub or just one to power em both? If one you will need somethin around 850watts x1rms (2 Ω @14.4V), and you will run em in series. If one each around 400-420watts x 1rms (4 Ω14.4V) and run em in parellel............
AirStrike :air: